Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Morons on TV doing dangerous things..... yet again

Evil Bob

Jul 8, 2001
Santa Cruz, Calif
Visit site
Just saw a promo for a new game show called "Man Hunt" on Entertainment (I don't admit to watching it regularly, but my wife had it on and I happened to be in the room at the time) that will air later on this year in the States, apparently they're filming the first game right now. The idea behind this new show is they have hunters (some WWF wannabes, supposedly former Marines, you know, big dumb looking guys that are really loud) armed with paintball markers (custom Shockers with a cool looking wooden stock and what appears to be a 10-15 round horizontal loader) chasing after the hunted (the contestants). They didn't go into much detail, but showed some scenes of the hunted running through the woods. Rules of the game are that any contestant marked 3 times is eliminated from the game. The game lasts 6 days long.

Now this has the potential to be a really cool game show. My only complaint was in that as usual, very little in the way of eye protection is being used. The hunted were seen wearing only clear JT Blades sunglasses, which wrap the eyes completely. Other then that, there was no face or head protection at all. A few of the hunted had on bandanas covering their hair, but their ears were unprotected.

Fortunately, the markers only had small capacity loaders, so it appears they're not setup for spray and pray. If the hunters really are former marines and not WWF rejects, then they'll understand the basic skills of aiming and fire control, thereby limiting the posibility of someone getting shot in the face... but we all know paintball physics, the ball doesn't always go where you want it, so proper protection is mandatory... So why is it that any time paintball equipment is used on TV (and I'm not talking about televised league or tournament games, I'm talking TV programs here), proper protective gear is NOT used? It's only a matter of time before someone loses an eye on national/international TV and paintball as a sport will lose out big time.

-Evil Bob

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
This show will be in the UPN Netowrk this season, starting in September, stateside.

And, yes, this show was a brainchld of the WWF parent company.

Why must I be proven right before people believe me?

-Tyger

Evil Bob

Jul 8, 2001
Santa Cruz, Calif
Visit site
it's on tonight on UPN at 9pm EST

Tyger, it's on tonight according to the UPN web site, 9pm EST. Also found out it's produced by the same guy who produced WWF Smackdown, so you can expect the same bottom feeding, nuckle dragging, neanderthal mentality that has entertained countless red necks for the past two decades.

-Evil Bob

-last minute addendum- It's on at 8 EST stateside tonight on the UPN network. Grab your favorite brew and some popcorn and get ready for some red neck rampage!

The Kid

P8ntball Junkie
Hey!

Those big, dumb, loud Marines keep this nation protected and let us all play paintball(those in the US anyways), and besides not all Marines are like that, like my father. I don't mean to be a jerk, its just that I hate people bashing the military. I mean would you guys prefer that all the soldiers and so forth just quit and go home, and leave the country for any terrorist group to attack? I don't. But, i do agree with you on paintball losing out. Its a real shame, my mom always says that the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
it's on tonight on UPN at 9pm EST

Originally posted by Evil Bob
Tyger, it's on tonight according to the UPN web site, 9pm EST.
I don't work for UPN, I was under the impression it would be a fall thing. ahh well.

At least it's not "Temptation Island 2". **shudder** But, from all accounts, it's a disgrace to paintball players.

-Tyger