Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Most basic embarrassing question!!! (Newbie)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The error with the adaptor is that it is designed for markers with a 45 degree angled feed already to the side and to bring it vertical for the hopper.
The BT already has all of that built in

A trick for sighting with markers is to keep both eyes open and look 'through' the feedneck, hopper etc.
Its easier with a non stocked marker - put the cylinder in your shoulder, rotate the marker in front of your face and look through the body & barrel etc. You are then pointing where you are looking.
The effect works if each eye is on either side and you focus up ahead.
A but harder with a stocked marker

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
sorry for the poor recommendation on the feedneck adapter, didn't realise it wouldn't fit. i made the point already about aiming your gun and i'd honestly just give it a bash first before you decide if you really want to move it even further aside.

bojjob

#19 Blackout
Feb 22, 2012
Sussex
1. Thanks for dissing my gun when I've just got into the sport? Nice guy eh ?

2. Your comment has no relevance or no help at all...

3, If I could buy a better gun do you not think I would have ? 20 year old running a house doesn't have the most amount of money right now... Did you have a 2 bed house in a nice area with a car, dog n mrs when you were 20 (If you even are that old) I'd rather spend £1000 on a dining table (Which by the way I did!) Or £1600 on a suite (what I did again...) than on a paintball gun... A £125 gun for a laugh, cant go wrong... Dont plan on paintball being my dream sport and number 1 hobby PAINTBALL NUMBER 1.... I've got Motorsports to cover that... If I ever do devote myself to be paintball mad and diss new people into the sports first gun... I'll know thats time for me to put the keyboard down...

All in all cheers for the advice... DH :rolleyes:
Right, firstly I meant that comment in a sense that instead of spending money on upgrading that, it may be better to simply get a better marker. For 120 you can get a faur few things better than an omega in my opinion. Secondly I was in no way slating your personal life Frankly I couldnt care less as to your reasons for only spending certain amounts on a marker. As I have already stated, I believe you could get one leagues above an omega for 120. And finally, I was not wven attempting to 'diss' you for being new. Simply that it would be an ill and frankly unreturnable investment to upgrade your omega. With such a high number of people who are new to the sport giving up after a short while, why not invest in something you will easily be able to recoup your costs from.

The advuce given above is also very true, paintball gun sights are essentially useless, due to varying factors such as drop off and wind. The best way to aim a marker is to view it as an extension of your nose, and simple sight out your opponent with your eyes.

Kevin Fagan

Jan 27, 2013
Glasgow, UK
Right, firstly I meant that comment in a sense that instead of spending money on upgrading that, it may be better to simply get a better marker. For 120 you can get a faur few things better than an omega in my opinion. Secondly I was in no way slating your personal life Frankly I couldnt care less as to your reasons for only spending certain amounts on a marker. As I have already stated, I believe you could get one leagues above an omega for 120. And finally, I was not wven attempting to 'diss' you for being new. Simply that it would be an ill and frankly unreturnable investment to upgrade your omega. With such a high number of people who are new to the sport giving up after a short while, why not invest in something you will easily be able to recoup your costs from.

The advuce given above is also very true, paintball gun sights are essentially useless, due to varying factors such as drop off and wind. The best way to aim a marker is to view it as an extension of your nose, and simple sight out your opponent with your eyes.
Me being new to the sport did not know that an Omega is a waste of money & something I will loose money on...

I bought the gun 2nd hand with an E trigger, sight, air bottle, tac vest and trousers for £125. Basicly I got everything I wanted for under what I was going to pay for a brand new Bravo one tact' (£150 with kit)

I understand your comment now, cheers

Reactions: bojjob

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
If you do decide to get a sight, then a quick reference sight is in order.

Basically a none magnifying 'point sight' more commonly called a red dot sight.
These are usually pretty cheap and will fit your 20mm picatinny rail.

The feedneck on your marker is already there to accommodate a hopper directly with the need on an elbow, elbows tend to be a blowback to very early markers that had simple tubes that normally came out at an angle to the marker instead of a modern feedneck.

Hope that helps fella ;)

Reactions: Kevin Fagan

skitto2013

Morning Wood
May 26, 2013
Stoke-On-Trent
I started with an omega and made the same mistake as you bud. ive been shooting a few weeks and sold up already for a proto rail. realised the mistake lol

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
if you wanna stay cheap but reliable go for a tippmann A5.... i have seen a few on here for around the 80 pound mark.. they are reliable, robust and exellent markers... you wont have a problem with the feedneck because it has a cyclone system to feed the balls.. i would reccomend that to any scenario player as first gun.. also its dead easy to modify if u wanted to make it an smg, assualt rifle or sniper :)

Me being new to the sport did not know that an Omega is a waste of money & something I will loose money on...

I bought the gun 2nd hand with an E trigger, sight, air bottle, tac vest and trousers for £125. Basicly I got everything I wanted for under what I was going to pay for a brand new Bravo one tact' (£150 with kit)

I understand your comment now, cheers

MajorFaff

Sep 4, 2012
Having used site A5's for years, the one thing that makes a difference with the 'feel' of the A5 is the trigger. Might be worth renewing those bits if you get an A5 :)

Also, there is nothing particularly bad about the omega, other that it being a basic blow back. They can be accurate as hell. You might find it easier to remove the stock (if you can) and use the bottle as the stock so you can line up your shots better.

Last edited:

Dan-Bana

Jun 14, 2013
1. Thanks for dissing my gun when I've just got into the sport? Nice guy eh ?

2. Your comment has no relevance or no help at all...

3, If I could buy a better gun do you not think I would have ? 20 year old running a house doesn't have the most amount of money right now... Did you have a 2 bed house in a nice area with a car, dog n mrs when you were 20 (If you even are that old) I'd rather spend £1000 on a dining table (Which by the way I did!) Or £1600 on a suite (what I did again...) than on a paintball gun... A £125 gun for a laugh, cant go wrong... Dont plan on paintball being my dream sport and number 1 hobby PAINTBALL NUMBER 1.... I've got Motorsports to cover that... If I ever do devote myself to be paintball mad and diss new people into the sports first gun... I'll know thats time for me to put the keyboard down...

All in all cheers for the advice... DH :rolleyes:
Well said mate!