Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Most Powerful Paintball gun

ossiemarks

Jun 8, 2020
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know the most powerful gun I can get, or the one that is easiest to make the most powerufl.

Thanks

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
I think you have the wrong impression of paintball and paintball guns my friend. To play anywhere you're going to be limited to the speed, in feet per second, that the ball leaves the barrel. Normally 280-300fps depending on where you play, after that, then you may get into issues with authorities, depending on local laws of course

So basically, almost any paintball gun is "the most powerful" because they're all capable at firing at the speed that players want, without tinkering to make them more powerful

That said, if you know what you meant and you're looking for a paintball marker to make as powerful as it can possibly be for, IDK, let's be charitable and say a viral YT video, then good luck with that, sounds like an expensive waste of time to me.

Reactions: ant290

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
As above, markers must adhere to safety limits, going beyond that and you quickly fall into legal foot pound limits and creating a firearm that would require a licence to own

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
@ossiemarks
Do you really want ‘powerful’?
Or more consistent etc?

Paintball is limited by legislation, precident and rules.

Legislation covers energy - 12ft pounds for air rifles, 6ft pounds for air pistols
The 12ft pounds with an average 0.68” paintball is a bit over 300fps velocity

There’s also case law dating back to when paintball was Co2 only, and that went for something a little over 300fps velocity as the maximum.

It is generally accepted that 300fps is the maximum permitted
Tournaments tend to set the limit at 300fps
Recreational such as walkons, scenarios etc tend to go for 280fps
Indoor games may set a lower veleocity
Rentals are likely to go for 280fps but might be a little lower - it depends on the site, and they may drop due to many of them using co2 and the velocity could vary during the day depending on atmospheric conditions (warm, cold etc)

First strike shaped projectiles have been officially tested with no true energy difference so can be shot at the same velocity. However they retain their energy for longer. Depending on site they may be fired up to 280fps, but if a player uses a mix of hopper and magazine then they would have to chrono so that neither exceeds the maximum allowed

Other calibers such as .43” and .50” can theoretically be fired at a higher velocity due to lower mass meaning a lower energy. These sizes have been used in some pistols
Certain magfed events might allow a higher velocity for .43 and .50, or they may stick to 280 as they would most likely be used for close range anyway

.50” proved popular as ‘low impact’ for younger kids groups ... such as spaltmaster .50s (not the original paintball spaltmaster .68 pistol) and also for rental sites with ‘normal’ paintball guns at .50, either using only .50 instead of .68 or as another option for groups. They may stick to something like 280fps to gain the benefit of lower impact for kids and other rentals.

It might seem that you want the most powerful / highest velocity, to compete with others, but if you fine tune over a range then it is often found that barrel consistency has the most influence. A number of barrels can be adjusted with size inserts.
The optimum range / accuracy consistency can often be achieved by barrel selection and a slight drop in velocity.

There is ‘perceived range’. When you shoot you can only see if someone is hit or the ball splats against something.
Whereas you can see every ball that bounces around near you — it might seem that the opposition have better range, but the balls could be arriving at their furthest reach with no energy.

The best place to shoot is on site, but some people do want to shoot at home or on private land. This may or may not be legal depending on the exact circumstances, and even if legal could be the subject of complaints and ASBOs.
If legal and without complaints, as long as it’s conducted safely in a controlled environment then you aren’t bound by site rules but remain bound by legal limits.

If you give us more info on what you’re after then we can advise

amala5

Jul 27, 2020
Thank you Cube, your information helpful to me, i am searching for best paintball gun your information give me best solution.

stacyhoffman

Banned
Apr 27, 2022
My wife just informed me that she wants to get our 3 children to paintball guns for Christmas. OK, no problem here except I know nothing about paintball guns.

Can anyone recommend what type of guns to get from The Paintball Hub, should I get C02, compressed air (HPA I think it is called), do I need to get a high-pressure compressor to fill them or can I use a scuba tank (which I thought you had to be certified in SCUBA to get filled anyway)?

Any info would be appreciated. I did a search and couldn't find anything with enough information.

Last edited:

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
My wife just informed me that she wants to get our 3 children to paintball guns for Christmas. OK, no problem here except I know nothing about paintball guns.

Can anyone recommend what type of guns to get, should I get C02, compressed air (HPA I think it is called), do I need to get a high-pressure compressor to fill them or can I use a scuba tank (which I thought you had to be certified in SCUBA to get filled anyway)?

Any info would be appreciated. I did a search and couldn't find anything with enough information.
For the majority HPA will be best - if does depend on where you play though

How old are your children & where will they play ?

HPA using standard 3000psi aluminium cylinders is the best value for money, and fill them on site as you play

You don’t need a compressor unless you are regularly doing your own filling a long way from other sources - and brings with it the cost and maintenance of an adequate system

Optionally there are stirrup pumps, (with filter) which give you plenty of muscle exercise

A scuba is the optimum home fill HPA, (and will need the appropriate fill rig for your playing cylinders) you don’t need to be scuba certified to get it refilled
(Unless you are somewhere in the world that does?)

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk

Can anyone recommend what type of guns to get, should I get C02, compressed air (HPA I think it is called), do I need to get a high-pressure compressor to fill them or can I use a scuba tank (which I thought you had to be certified in SCUBA to get filled anyway)?

Depends on ages, if young maybe look at spring powered JT markers, if older and within budget emeks. Emeks are not the cheapest entry but if you wish to actually play for more than a couple of sessions you will be looking at replacing cheap options fairly quickly.

Avoid co2, HPA you can get filled at sites but a dive tank is an option. Costs a few quid to fill at a dive center, bottles must be in test etc.

Compressors on the cheap end are very loud and need maintenance and lots of filters to avoid oil getting into the tanks which is not good.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007

Can anyone recommend what type of guns to get from The Paintball Hub, should I get C02, compressed air (HPA I think it is called), do I need to get a high-pressure compressor to fill them or can I use a scuba tank (which I thought you had to be certified in SCUBA to get filled anyway)?

I wouldn't restrict yourself to getting advice from and buying from "The Paintball Hub" - the guy running that page is just promoting and recommending gear sold on Amazon, as he gets paid to do that.

If you want proper user reviews on markers, pbnation.com has a bunch of them.

That said, how old are your children? Do they intend to take up the hobby seriously and play long term, even join a team?

Paintball is an expensive hobby. And it hurts when you get shot. If your children haven't played yet, you should take them to a rental site and see if they actually like it. By "rental" I mean a site that will supply you with markers & gear included in the fee you pay to play.

Buying markers, tanks, masks etc for 3 children will be expensive. Think around £1000 just for basic gear, and that's before you start spending on paint and playing.

Airsoft is a cheaper alternative to paintball, and it hurts much less when you get shot. Many paintball sites offer airsoft games also. Some players progress from airsoft to paintball, and vice versa. A very successful UK team has players that are airsoft European Champions.

If you can post up which region you live in, we can signpost you to nearby sites & stores.

Last edited: