Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Motorbikes?

Jun 11, 2008
Passed my test at tender age of 35. Got a gsxf 600.

Enjoyed it but lost interest over the winter and after a couple of years sold it on.

Family stopped me getting a new one as

A) they quite like me

B) I was a bit mental on it (the book top speed was about 10mph below what it would actually do in the cold)

automag

Jan 14, 2008
Hiya.

I have had a mixture of bikes.

Honda Vision.
Honda cg 125 now is the CBF:) . My CG took me every where when I was 18, great little bike. Lights were rubbish but back then they used to run off a6v battery but now most bikes are 12v.
Honda CM200
Yamaha RD 350 (stan stevens 350 if you can remember them)
chinese motorbike looked like a honda cub
Yamaha Thundercat (great bike)
Yamaha cygnus gave to the wife for her to learn on. :)
Harley Davidson (still got)
Kawasaki ER6 sold great bike loads of fun. Great bike once you have passed your test and they can be restricted.

Out of the 2 the CBF 125 and the CBR I would say go for the CBF its about £700 cheaper new... only 5mph slower and if buying 2nd hand will probably have not been run ragged by some one thinking they are Max Biaggi.

All I say if you get your self a 125 get a set of leather or cordura gear it will save your skin.

renie

Mar 2, 2008
Honda Vision I had one of those lol :)
The CBR125s are ok but not as nice looking as the R125 but they are pricey for what you get I paid less for a sv650 than my cousin paid for his CBR 125
admittedly his was new but mine was only a few years old.
Anyway 1st things 1st get yourself a decent Crash Helmet (its all you got to save your life), followed by protective clothing (leathers or textile).
Now I've had 2 strokes inline 4s v-twins But puts a smile on your face like a nice Fireblade :) I should know I've had 2 :)
But sadly I no longer have any :( Next stop Harley Davidson :)

Reactions: automag

automag

Jan 14, 2008
I had a Fizzy way back when i was 16yo
I remember those..

The CBR125s are ok but not as nice looking as the R125 but they are pricey for what you get I paid less for a sv650 than my cousin paid for his CBR 125
Anyway 1st things 1st get yourself a decent Crash Helmet (its all you got to save your life), followed by protective clothing (leathers or textile).
Now I've had 2 strokes inline 4s v-twins But puts a smile on your face like a nice Fireblade :) I should know I've had 2 :)
Next stop Harley..... Its a great club, it will just burn an extra hole in the pocket after paintball. Would never get rid of my hog. Would trade up to a road king tomorrow give half the chance.

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
Haha I like lane splitting through traffic ;)
and then being over taken again in 5 minutes after you've covered half a mile on your 50cc?

had a 50, had a couple of 125's, nothing really interesting. I used to think motorbikes were cool, up until I realised that the reason people get them are because their kids have moved out and they want to re-hash some of their youth days.

Reactions: Jim Jam

Jim Jam

Dusty's #1 Fan!
Jan 4, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
and then being over taken again in 5 minutes after you've covered half a mile on your 50cc?

had a 50, had a couple of 125's, nothing really interesting. I used to think motorbikes were cool, up until I realised that the reason people get them are because their kids have moved out and they want to re-hash some of their youth days.
Haha thats True about the 50cc bit.

Also Motorbikes I think are nice machines to get to and from somewhere quickly with a bit of fun compared to a car.
But that is just my opinion.

Cars are more practical though.

Jim Jam

Dusty's #1 Fan!
Jan 4, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
Got a nice £100 crash helmet, fitting perfectly. As the fit needs to be right.
Got a Nice Jacket with all the padding, Weise (Or something close) lol
Gloves.

Not got any textile trousers or boots but not needed till I get a 125cc I think.
As I just don't go fast enough on a 50cc.

Jim Jam

Dusty's #1 Fan!
Jan 4, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
Hiya.

I have had a mixture of bikes.

Honda Vision.
Honda cg 125 now is the CBF:) . My CG took me every where when I was 18, great little bike. Lights were rubbish but back then they used to run off a6v battery but now most bikes are 12v.
Honda CM200
Yamaha RD 350 (stan stevens 350 if you can remember them)
chinese motorbike looked like a honda cub
Yamaha Thundercat (great bike)
Yamaha cygnus gave to the wife for her to learn on. :)
Harley Davidson (still got)
Kawasaki ER6 sold great bike loads of fun. Great bike once you have passed your test and they can be restricted.

Out of the 2 the CBF 125 and the CBR I would say go for the CBF its about £700 cheaper new... only 5mph slower and if buying 2nd hand will probably have not been run ragged by some one thinking they are Max Biaggi.

All I say if you get your self a 125 get a set of leather or cordura gear it will save your skin.
You've had a LOT then lol

Yeah wanting a CBF as they are a little cheaper, look nice and are reliable.

Also got some of my gear already, Jacket/Helmet/Gloves but need some textile trousers and nice boots!
Leathers won't be needed if i get myself a nice pair of textiles.

Harley Davidson is the bike you learn about when you are young but don't realize how nice it is until a decent age! lol

Reactions: automag

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Got a nice £100 crash helmet, fitting perfectly. As the fit needs to be right.
Got a Nice Jacket with all the padding, Weise (Or something close) lol
Gloves.

Not got any textile trousers or boots but not needed till I get a 125cc I think.
As I just don't go fast enough on a 50cc.
had a biker at my last job who said he owes his skin to having head to toe biking gear, and the crash he was involved with wasn't even terribly high speed. i've came off a mountain bike doing modest speeds of about roughly 20mph and had some nasty cuts. now imagine coming off a moped on to tarmac at 40-50mph, might be worth getting some decent protection then!

If that wasn't enough i done forensic medicine at uni almost 2 years ago now and the injuries that i seen people (even pedestrians) get when they skid across tarmac were just nasty :(