Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Motorbikes?

Discussion in 'Speak your Brains' started by Jim Jam, Dec 7, 2012.

  1. Jim Jam Dusty's #1 Fan!

    Jim Jam
    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2012
    Message Count:
    1,829
    Likes Received:
    340
    Trophy Points:
    118
    Category D - Is repairable just not worth it to the Insurance Company.

    I am tempted to repair it.

    Van Braked suddenly and U-Turned right in front of me, after drifting into the left hand lane slightly.
    It ''was'' avoidable by me to the extent if I left more room it may have been avoided or a lighter crash but I wasn't up his A$$ I was travelling normally home, just wanting to get home, not overtaking, nothing. We just came from some lights, so I was close as we were slowly speeding up (Being on a bike I speed up quicker but try to keep a steady pace/distance behind until up to speed where I can then adjust the distance appropriately)
    He drifted, braked hard, suddenly turned and whack and the rest is shown in the picture.
    It sucks but happens.

    Blame hasn't been taken on either side so I think it will be a 50/50 claim.
     
  2. Jim Jam Dusty's #1 Fan!

    Jim Jam
    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2012
    Message Count:
    1,829
    Likes Received:
    340
    Trophy Points:
    118
    Nope never a good view!

    Ahh mate that sucks big time!
    I got off so lightly compared to most!

    Bikes are brilliant fun, and a good passion of most, just sad that some of us try our hardest 99% of the time and the 1% of the time we slip up slightly, a bad thing happens.
    I have noticed many other vehicle drivers try their hardest 75% of the time and the other 25% is used for texting, singing, eating etc.
    Oh well, hope it goes as well as it can mate.

    My sincerest regards for your friend.
     
  3. Gee Tee 1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick

    Gee Tee
    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2007
    Message Count:
    3,172
    Likes Received:
    786
    Trophy Points:
    148
    50/50 seems harsh given the circumstances. It sounds like the van driver was more at fault to me - were there independant witnesses & did the police get called to scene?
     
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  4. Jim Jam Dusty's #1 Fan!

    Jim Jam
    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2012
    Message Count:
    1,829
    Likes Received:
    340
    Trophy Points:
    118
    Yes and yes, but I was in an Ambulance, no word on the witnesses since the accident.

    I still think he's at fault, don't get me wrong just doubt it will happen to be proven to be his fault so probably a 50/50
     
  5. outkastmike CUMBRIA

    outkastmike
    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2004
    Message Count:
    1,681
    Likes Received:
    321
    Trophy Points:
    118
    Well it seems only fitting seeing as paintball was the main reason i left the scooter scene back in the early/mid 1990's.
    That I now stop playing paintball to go back into the scooter scene.
    Vespa GTS250ie
    . 10548018_10201584483334449_8497461652364890267_o.jpg
     
    Care_Bears likes this.
  6. TendringLOEB Member

    TendringLOEB
    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2011
    Message Count:
    13
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    13
    SV650 checking in!
     
    Collier likes this.
  7. Llexas Well-Known Member

    Llexas
    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2012
    Message Count:
    204
    Likes Received:
    26
    Trophy Points:
    48
    It's not a motorbike but...
    Malaguti Spidermax GT 500- great scooter for riding around and travel. Great peace of two-wheels vehicle.
    Just like this.
     
    Care_Bears likes this.
  8. emisnug "I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"

    emisnug
    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2011
    Message Count:
    795
    Likes Received:
    222
    Trophy Points:
    78
    I've put a down payment on a Harley 48 - lovely little beasts!
     
  9. Gee Tee 1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick

    Gee Tee
    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2007
    Message Count:
    3,172
    Likes Received:
    786
    Trophy Points:
    148
    Video from session at Rockingham Raceway on Saturday. I managed to edit several camera angles into this one. Sound volume varies a bit due to microphone position, but I'm pretty chuffed with the result. Rockingham is a great track and the marshalling and organisation by No Limits was excellent.

    [​IMG]

     
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
    Jim Jam likes this.
  10. NitroBall SandStorm

    NitroBall
    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2006
    Message Count:
    2,878
    Likes Received:
    571
    Trophy Points:
    148
    Thread awaken !

    Any ballers off to this years Bike show down @ NEC ?
    Went last year, enjoyed very much.
    Me and a bunch of ballers will be jumping on/off bikes Monday, tomorrow.
     

Share This Page

Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball