Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Motorbikes?

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Alot of companies wont even insure the aprillia until the rider is 21!! Pointless

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
CG125 was always a really good learner bike. Cheap to buy, reliable, well built, easy to maintain, economical to run and insure. A good bike to build up NCB and experience on before throwing money at a bigger capacity machine. http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/honda_cg_125_2006.php
My CG125 was a great little machine, loudest exhaust you've ever heard (it would set car alarms off if you got to close, I took it to a dodgy garage for its MOT's that once passed a bike that wouldn't start). I remember one trip down the M6 in the depths of winter when I decided to pull into the services to warm up (didn't have a proper jacket, just an old sheepskin one and ski gloves on), realised my fingers had got so cold I couldn't pull the clutch in to change down and had to ride straight through and carry on with my journey.

It eventually died on the M6 as well, I'd just glanced down at the clock and congratulated it for only costing £150 and having just tipped over 50,000 miles when is seized solid (I was young and thought a fourstroke didn't need the oil monitoring all the time like my 50cc ped had).

Nowadays my ER5 just sits in the shed unloved, I used to use bikes regardless of the weather but then went and bought a car, I swear it rains more than it did 10 years ago.

tomo110290

PMGWC #90
May 16, 2008
middlesbrough
Heard about them, wasn't going to touch one with a barge pole.
Thank you Bluey though.
There also the most stolen bike in the UK. I am in the same boat mate but im 22 and just passed my CBT have you looked at the HYOSUNG GT125R its not Chinese its made in Korea and uses Suzuki bits they are also the biggest 125cc you can get thats why I am getting one as I find alot of the 125cc are too small for me and im not the biggest 5'10 13 stone

Jim Jam

Dusty's #1 Fan!
Jan 4, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
There also the most stolen bike in the UK. I am in the same boat mate but im 22 and just passed my CBT have you looked at the HYOSUNG GT125R its not Chinese its made in Korea and uses Suzuki bits they are also the biggest 125cc you can get thats why I am getting one as I find alot of the 125cc are too small for me and im not the biggest 5'10 13 stone
Glad someone is in roughly the same boat, about the same Height/Weight aswell.

I'll take a look buddy, thank you.

Canon Fodder

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
I'm 6ft and never been under 14 stone (a lot more now), should have seen me on my honda mini melody, couldn't turn the handlebars without hitting my knees.

Canon Fodder

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
BJust noticed the "Best 125" question, something with a 4 stroke engine made in Japan without fairing and at least 7 years old because:

4 stroke - low maintence, yes two strokes are faster but if you're on L plates you're limited on power anyway and there has been no new two strokes made for a while (did you realise a derestricted Aprila RS125 would no be allowed if you passed your test on a 125 for two years, at 33bhp and no wieght they were ovr the power to weight ratio allowed on the restricted licence).

Japan - reliable and once reach about 7 years old hold value.

No fairing - not really needed at 125 speeds and expensive to replace if you fall off (and if you don't you're not trying hard enough round corners).

All of these since you'll soon bore of the lack of power and buy something bigger or give up bikes altogether - this way you'll not lose much money on the 125.

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
I agree with that above and I`d like to add that my boys are all tall , most players at CPPS have seen my youngest one playing with the Care Bears, he stands at 6` 11", with me being into bikes all my life he showed an interest in bikes also, the only bike that I could get him on as a learner was a KTM , they sit Taller than the rest, maybe give those a go, see what you think, at the moment I have a Scooter .. 650cc , I`ve had about 100 x motor bikes and about 100 x scooters, I was also the Chairman of the Sussex Lambretta Club and Vespa Club and raced Lambretta`s with sidecars down at Liddon in Kent up to 125 miles per hour ( modified engines ) 750 barrel and pistons. that was then ?? I think at the moment Racing scooters can reach speeds of up to 143 miles per hour, any bike can be modified to allow more speeds, Just don`t get Caught !!! with the Mods and the Rockers in the 60`s I learnt FAST, Great fun !!!

HOWEVER AS FROM JANUARY 2013 ALL RULES ON BIKES and your LICENCE IS ABOUT TO CHANGE.

Last edited:

Jermaine Hull

Sep 17, 2012

My Lovely ducati 848evo owned for 8 days before some idiot knocked me off head on :( was an amazing bike! Before that i owned an aprilia rs125 and a suzuki 750 k6 Maroon and black (also written off by some idiot :( *Sighs* have to give biking a break now since i was hit twice in 4 months and still recovering from fractured ribs and back damage.

Last edited: