Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Moving up to tournament level, any suggestions?

jewby

Mar 26, 2004
leics
Visit site
Originally posted by Tom Allen
You guys remember Hot Shots at Greenham Common, now that was a paintball site.

yeah i played there, was a superb site & a bar as well ...

i remember the only way they could get us out of our base was with a paint bomb..BOOOOM.. was wll funny

did anyone see the lone protester still there ..lol

baruchpb

Apr 6, 2003
Visit site
most places have official ratings but check with the tournaments where ever you play. i live in the US so things may be run a little different over in the UK

PEBBLE

Toot de la fruit!
Nov 8, 2004
Spyder Imagine

I think the cheapest way to get into tournament ball (gun wise) Just buy the best may be it will cost you £1000 but that is cheaper than buying for example a Spyder Imagine for £110 then getting bored of it then buying a cocker for £300 then buying a Angel for £850, so what iam trying to say if you buy the Angel first it will be £410 cheaper, cus i will guarentee that you will want to play tournament after tournament seeing people with top of the range markers you wud want a s**t hot gun.

But if you really want a Spyder Imagine Atmosphere paintball Supplies do them for £99

TOP OF THE RANGE MARKERS ARE, Angels, Intimidators, Matrix/DM4, Shockers, e-blades plus many more

hope this helps

Pee Wee

FREE AGENT!...
Oct 19, 2003
I think the cheapest way to get into tournament ball (gun wise) Just buy the best may be it will cost you £1000 but that is cheaper than buying for example a Spyder Imagine for £110 then getting bored of it then buying a cocker for £300 then buying a Angel for £850, so what iam trying to say if you buy the Angel first it will be £410 cheaper, cus i will guarentee that you will want to play tournament after tournament seeing people with top of the range markers you wud want a s**t hot gun.
Dont really agree with that mate.
Think about it, you need a sh** marker to build upon your own playing skills. If you go and get the beast of a marker you will become too reliant on it and not your personnel playing skills.

Just my 2p worth!!

Somwhere in the middle I think as if your marker is too ****e then you can never compete at the level that maybe you are able to attain.

My advice is to buy the best Angel or Eclipsed Cocker that you can afford second hand and that will see you through your first 1-2 years of ball. If you need a better marker before then then you should be a Pro by then.

Spend at least £500 and you can't go wrong, look for Market/reg/bottle combos as they are normally better value.

Slapper Guy

just add beer
Apr 26, 2004
Wirral
Visit site
But the guy's only got a budget of £100 - keep trying the walk on's mate and keep saving your doh. Ask and beg for money for xmas (failing that a marker!) and go for a mid range 2nd hand marker after you've played a few times. Then part with your hard earned cash.

That way you get the feel of what suits you. Our teams only been going for over a year and most of us have had at least four markers.

Personally think the Angel LCD is great all round cheap starter, plus there is always someone about if it goes down and you ain't got a clue. Should be able to get a decent one for about £200/250.

Can't say they will but folks in PB are usually pretty helpful and I'm sure folks won't mind if you ask to have a feel of a marker.