Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

mq valve/mq2 valve alternatives?

13th

ICE
Dec 12, 2006
I've been working on a few gun designs for a while now as a hobby, no technical training other than what i find out as i go along.

One of my designs requires a mq2 valve but Kee Action Sports has the patent. I think this had something to do with the Deadly wind Aedes never being made. Is there any alternative valve designs that will preform the same function as a mq2 valve?

I've been trying to work out an alternative valve design but my melons getting totally twisted.

Thanks

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
The MQ2 is being made, but it's in short supply. Keep an eye on the store since they do occasionally appear in stock -- I got two of them a couple of weeks back.

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
I think you'll find everything has a patent unless you design something new and even then smart parts will probably sue you anyway:rolleyes:

What are you trying to achieve?

ps MQ2's are available if you want one?

13th

ICE
Dec 12, 2006
Too true on the patent thing. My bolt assemblies are safe unless someone else has them pending.

For one of my designs i need a valve that would have the same effect as a mq valve but without having Kee involved... Ideas are stiring in my head as how to do this but right now an mq2 valve or similar pressure controlled poppet valve would do the best job.

Skeet

Platinum Member
Too true on the patent thing. My bolt assemblies are safe unless someone else has them pending.

For one of my designs i need a valve that would have the same effect as a mq valve but without having Kee involved... Ideas are stiring in my head as how to do this but right now an mq2 valve or similar pressure controlled poppet valve would do the best job.
The MQ was revolutionary and as such, nothing like it exists, unless you think about why KEE have the patent, and what marker they sell:D

13th

ICE
Dec 12, 2006
The MQ was revolutionary and as such, nothing like it exists, unless you think about why KEE have the patent, and what marker they sell:D
As with anything theres more than one way of doing things.

I have it nailed ^_^. Obviously im not going to say anything about my valve design other than its a pressure controlled poppet design and on paper it'll equal the mq valve on cycle rate and battery usage... but with better gas efficiency. Big claims, i know, but i really beleive i've got it sussed.

13th

ICE
Dec 12, 2006
Well, I have been around a while and i had the first 10 MQ valves outside of America, prior to general release in America, so, if you want any Beta testers, let me know.
Could be a while... I think a patent application is my job for my next days off.