Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

MQ valves

jont

Jul 13, 2011
Hi,

I'm between projects at work and as such am reading about paintball.

Just reading about MQ valves for cockers, but would like some historical context.

Were these innovations available as upgrade, but later incorporated into the design subsequent platforms? Or do they remain unique?

In short, should I be able to source one, would I see any improvement if I installed it in a 2007 karnivor e2 sto?

Thanks

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
they were unique(ish) no production cockers ever featured them to my knowledge. The MQ2 one supposedly is the one to go for if you can find one, the only significant difference is it will reduce kick. They are very expensive secondhand. This is all based on internet reading.

@baudsenseless may have some experience with them.

baudsenseless

PMGWC #3
May 27, 2010
PBX did a prototype cocker built around a mq valve, but only a couple were made.
MQ2 is more refined and a lot easier to get fitted spot on, but a perfectly fitted MQ2 and MQ1 feel the same.
As far as i'm aware kee/nps own the rights now, but I could be wrong!

Info here..... but is out of date. http://www.kajohnson.com/page/mqv

I've had a few, in eclipses/minis/turtles/karnies, and they do feel good, just depends if you feel its too kicky and want to tinker/tune.
I sold my last MQ2 and MQ1 a month or 2 back.......... and yesterday found another mq1 lurking in a tool bag! I tended to buy them whenever I saw one at one point.
Tbh now, I don't really use them as I like my cockers as stock as I can get them...... but still the performance of a stock dc2 is nothing to be sniffed at!

Edit, oh and i found they worked best with the tadio oled boards, which have also had a problems with their screens, so they are hard to find.

Always wanted to use one in a "stealth" cocker, mq, rhf,eclipse pnus covered by shroud, angel led single trigger....... but you need a utb board..... which I never managed to find and grab

jont

Jul 13, 2011
Wow, that was an insight, thanks. Will they fit every cocker? I was reading about a different spacer required for a karni. Mine is stock (to the best of my knowledge) and it does feel kicky, but I quite like that. It's the improvement in efficiency that sparked my interest. What would I expect to pay second hand?

baudsenseless

PMGWC #3
May 27, 2010
I sold my mq2 for £180 (current going rates) and chucked in my mq1 for free (so he got a better deal!) The differences is the spacer, as on a normal cocker the cocking rod gets screwed into it, where as in a karnie it has the odd ivg, so it almost slides into it.
Karnie ones are harder to find as, especially in the states, and a bit in the uk, karnies have had a resurgence in popularity.

I can't remember really about the air usage, as all mine tended to be in markers that didn't get a huge amount of playtime as I was always upgrading/tinkering with!