Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

MS Press/Media Uniform - Is This The Right Answer?

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Details copied and pasted from a Millennium email distributed yesterday:

[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Dear Media partners and media colleagues in general,

this is a very important message, so please take the time to read it carefully.

From Bitburg on everybody with a media pass who wanna film or take pictures on ANY of the fields MUST wear an official Millennium media shortsleeve jersey.

The reason for this is the fact, that more and more of the media pack do look like players by wearing paintball pants, jerseys, headbands etc. – from a distance this made it very often impossible for players, referees and spectators alike to differenciate between players and media. The result were some unlucky calls resulting in complaints from players and teams – our customers (and in some and many ways very often also your customers). We tried to fix this problem by forcing everybody from the media in Paris to wear the warning vests everybody has in the car. But then the result was not satisfying either for any party involved. Especially the CPL field looked sometimes like the venue of a multiple car crash and many of you also got technical problems when cameras focused automatically on the warning vests of your colleagues.
After discussions within the Millennium and with some of you we therefore decided it would be best to make sure everybody of the media wears the same that looks professionel („good“) and prevents the problems described above. After another chat with the various sponsors of the Millennium we are happy that we can say today we found that solution, provided by MAXSIMUM – the custom label of MAXS. This short sleeve custom jersey is now the new standard and mandatory from the 2nd event on.

The cost is only 39 € (including VAT). It’s avalaible in all common sizes. If you want to you can replace the Millennium logo on the front with your own one or the logo of a sponsor.

Please make sure that you send all your orders, logos etc. by next week Wednesday (April 27) latest to this email address: maxsimum@maxs-sport.com .

You can then pick-up the jersey at the Maxs booth in Bitburg. Please make sure that you forward this email to all your colleagues and everybody working for you. Companies are in charge to make sure that everybody of their team will have such a Media jersey. Without you will not be allowed to enter the field. No exceptions and the referees will have a very close look on this.

MEDIA MEETING: We will have a meeting of all media people in BITBURG on Friday (May 20) at 9 AM in the press tent. Together with me will be Ulrich Stähr and eventually barry Fuggle (CEO Millennium) and we will answer all your questions. We would like to discuss some further points with you as well as doing a round-table talk and listen to your proposals and ideas how we could create an even more media-friendly environment.

In case of any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me. All questions regarding the jersey please forward directly to MAXSIMUM
MAXS GmbH
Am Strassbach 1
61169 Friedberg / Hessen
Germany
phone: +49 (0) 6031 16 26 63
fax: +49 (0) 6031 16 26 99 25 [/FONT]
The message contained this image as an example:

And this one of the proposed Jersey

What I and other members of the Millennium media circus would like to know from MS player, team owners etc., is this what you want to see the photographers and videographers on field wearing? Do you want to see multiple yellow jerseys dotted around the sidelines, it was suggested by some that the presence of multiple Hi-Vis jackets in Paris was distracting, not to mention their impact on images from the event.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I laughed out loud when I read that ..... it just goes from bad to worse and you think nah, they can't do anything as bad as .... .....and bam, they can ... and do ... frikkin hilarious .. :)

Hmmmm 39 euros - thankyou please !

cowface

Team Rampage
Oct 9, 2001
northamptonshire
so..... who is going to organise the photographer protest ?

The reason for this is the fact, that more and more of the media pack do look like players by wearing paintball pants, jerseys, headbands etc. – from a distance this made it very often impossible for players, referees and spectators alike to differenciate between players and media

well, that top looks like a playing top , close up and from a distance ...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
well, that top looks like a playing top , close up and from a distance ...

...it's class, pure class ... it could only ever happen in the Millennium Madness Show ... roll up, roll up, roll up and get yourself reamed ... all idiots welcome, just as long as you have money, we'll take it .. roll up, roll up !!

SteveD

Getting Up Again
Totally and completely wrong. But then, doesn't MS make media 'buy' rights to cover them?. Not only is it wrong, it actually looks like a playing or pit jersey AND it's short-sleeved. What - photographers like getting hits on bare arms?

Do they not realize that making the press pay to cover can engender bad coverage of their events? (I paid x to be here and boy am I gonna find something to make that worthwhile?)

Totally distorts the relationship between an objective press and the events their supposed to be covering. Wrong, wrong wrong, wrong wrong!

Fisz

Ka mate!
Jun 10, 2006
May I ask how much does a media representative have to cough up in order to be able to shoot pictures from within the field?

I assume of course that if mainstream media shows up, they have to pay the fee as well and they will have to purchase the jerseys too? ;)