Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

MS Press/Media Uniform - Is This The Right Answer?

Blue Beanie

I <3 Summer!!!!!
Dec 27, 2009
Devon
Would it? I think it should be very clear who's a ref and who's not. If we all wore the same striped jersey it might be confusing for the spectators and even for the players.
i agree with this as there should definitely be some difference. maybe solely white with red stripes so not too stand outish, but definitely easy to differentiate and would end up with no complaints (hopefully.)

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Pete,
this is the deal mate, as I see it anyway; the MS are on thin ice, they have been for a loooong time and whenever something like this comes out, they are always gonna be susceptible to claims of money grabbing...
I have, amongst my objections to this issue:

The imposition of a new fee, though I'm not sure if it will be the MS or the supplying sponsor (Maxxs) who will be profiting here. However, I can see that if you were to want to personalise the garment purchase would be the answer, whereas, for the remaining media corps maybe a deposit scheme could be introduced.

The fact that this does look like a player's jersey, even with the expanse of yellow (unlike the PSP, yellow is not a prohibited colour in the MS and teams include it in their kit).

Also, that the email states the CPL field looked like a car crash scene (with the amount of hi-vis on display) do they think that all this bright yellow will look better? Or, avoid focus/metering issues?

Fisz

Ka mate!
Jun 10, 2006
It will look like the service lane at NASCAR instead of a crash scene...

Good that they no longer charge media for being there, not good that they introduce a mandatory jersey for which only the paintball media will have to pay as I'm pretty certain they will not require mainstream media to cough up when they show up at the tournament to take a couple shots for the evening news.

Spike

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Essex, England
www.GIMILSIM.com
Interesting thoughts here. My first thought here was "what if it rains" media no longer to wear coats? Opps sorry guys I may have just started the Official Press Rain Coat Production Line!

The second thought was that these should be provided if paying a license fee to shoot at events. However it's a cost I guess so charging a cost based price would be acceptable at this stage but for the furture it should be included (means licence fee may go up).

Finally my thoughts turned to the promotion of the media companies themselves. Personally I would like to know who is taking my picture so that I can go to their website and find the pics and support them by buying them. So I think the companies name needs to be shown in some way. Likewise this information could be used to complain about anyone who is taking the famous "spotting" photographs!

As far as using a REF tops - this is a problem. How many times will player be yelling at a Ref and complain that the Ref never checked him to find out the Ref they were shouting to was carrying a camera. It is then think the tops need to be a standard single colour, that is then banned from the players Jersey list - ORANGE would be good as this is already banned in the MS. The other thing that came to mind was what the mainstream press do in war zones. They wear Blue if I recall with the simple word PRESS on it. It doesn't have to be difficult.

Spike

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Essex, England
www.GIMILSIM.com
Also the guy in the example photograph - was he an Official Media Partner or a player taking some snaps? Of course this guy should have been told to get off the field by the field ultimate. He should also know better than to wear kit.