Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

My Dyeing Attempt

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
As Tom says, go for the polycarbonate paint. This stuff is used on the inside of lexan radio control car shells, it bonds itself to the inside of the plastic and won't crack if flexed.
My eggs been done over 6 months now and is still looking good, that's blue pearl over a silver metalflake base

And these should be available from your local model shop
http://www.parmapse.com/faskolor.asp
Most are available in spray cans too

Demonic69

I Created a Mocka!!!
May 21, 2005
Barnsley, UK
Visit site
Just done the Egg again :D It's adrker, but a little pinker now :D
If anyone fancies trying this I recommend 1 Scarlet and 1 Bordeax pot. Or more if you want darker.
Will post pics later.
That blue egg looks amazing. Did you use spray or the pots?

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
I did an egg about a year ago, one side smoke and the other black.
There's no sign of wear at all.
This polycarbonate paint etches into the plastic, and bonds with it.
It literally becomes part of the shell.

For a high gloss finish, make sure you paint the inside, not the outside.

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
Thanks guys, compliments appreciated,
but it really is dead easy to do and it lasts as well as the paint bonds itself to the plastic, and doesn't chip off like car paints.
Wash the inside out with a bit of washing up liquid in some warm water, dry with a hairdryer and then warm the shells just a bit to help avoid runs in the paint.
i used a £10 airbrush that i already had, on that egg but i've used the polycarbonate spray cans with equal results on my R/c cars.
Only other tip is to really keep spraying from different angles as you tend to miss bits around the ribbing inside the shell.
If you can disassemble a hopper then you can do this, stock hoppers are so boring and i'm sure someone could be more creative than me;)