Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

My Experience as a Noobie

Bryso16v

Jul 22, 2013
Cumbernauld
www.elliott-images.co.uk
So keeping everyone upto date on my purchased, ive just bought a Tac Vest, seen a few guys using them at the SPC walkon and bought one on an impulse buy, just waiting on it arrriving :), also purchased a pair of trousers, valken zulu as [Mod edit:] Non forum sponsor name removed have a sale on and they were marked down to £50, its very addictive this spending money, thankfully my Birthday has just been, so i can say ive spend my birthday money instead of the bills money :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryso16v

Jul 22, 2013
Cumbernauld
www.elliott-images.co.uk
So after purchasing all these new purchases I decided, to try them out and headed over to Rebellion in Falkirk for there Walkon(yesterday). I had never been there before so was unsure what to expect, On arrival I met Brian who owns the site and he was very friendly and welcoming, Now before I go any further in my post, I need to tell everone that there was an accident(this is my experience as a newbie and im going to keep it as factual as i can) basically in the 1st game I got shot and was coming back out of the respawn area, when my Marker accidently went off and Shot Morph from the mad squad rebels in the Neck,(my gun was pointing down, but Morph was on the ground) from what must have been no more than 3 meters away. Its totally my fault, my trigger is very sensitive and doesnt have a lot of play in it. I didnt have my finger on the trigger, but must have brushed the trigger with my finger, wrist, or cuff, i really dont know and it happened so fast, im truely sorry for what happened and apologised to morph on several occaications. Understandably Morph wasnt best pleased or in a very good mood, and he sat out the 2nd game, but came back to play the 3rd, but he never took part in any other games and he must have left shortly after the 3rd game, I wasnt feeling very good and kept playing over in my head what had happened and i still am. I had been sitting on my own, not feeling too great when a few of the Guys from the rebels, had noticed I was on my own and they came over and had a laugh and tried to make light of the situation, telling me stories of other incidents, which did help and made me feel a little better. So im going to have a look at my trigger and Ill adjust it so its less sensitive and I will also look into best practise for safely carrying my marker while its "In play", Morph, if you see this I truely am extreamly sorry for what happened, it was an accident, am so sorry if i can every make it upto you, please let me know.

So now to my thoughts on Rebellion paintball, The Guys are Great, was very welcomed, even considering what had happened. they even said they hope to see me back!(think they were just being polite). The Playing fields are like nothing ive experienced before, being thick with trees and forestry stuff lol, it was hilly and phisically demanding, absolutely floored today :), I struggled big time with this site, mostly due to the fact im very unfit and also due to the weather, my mask kept steaming up and was struggling to see the other players, I literally kept walking into open fire and was easy pickings all day, much to the delight of a particular player named Magnet lol, who seemed to take particular delight in shooting me in the neck lol(3 times he got me in the samish place)(wonder why), I think this is a difficult site and if you can manage to concur this place you can manage any place. Hopefully I can get the courage to go back and work on my stratages and become a better player.

what I really liked about this site, was that the chrono was fixed on the range, so it was just there to chrono your marker, no need to ask for it etc, I also loved the fact that you left your marker in a safe zone and didnt bring it into the players saftey area, also the staff automatically air'd your marker for you and you didnt even need to ask, they just done it, no one ran out of air while playing. the games where good and fun, but I would have liked to see some buildings i could have hiden behind lol, my technique is all wrong for crates and barrels lol.

The only thing I didnt like, was the paintballs we were using, seems to be harder than what im used too, but its not that much of an issue and woulnt stop me from playing there again.(its just im a woose lol)

hoot

Mad Sqad Rebels
Sep 17, 2011
Falkirk, Scotland
Alright Bry, Nick here from the Rebels (the guy who had the hopper story from Chocolate Factory). I'll apologise for Magnet. The laddie is an absolute tool bag at the best of times. He wasn't aiming for your neck intentionally. At least he better not have been or we'll be having words with him. That kind of play is unacceptable.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game play. It's quite different to a lot of the sites you'll visit, but I do find it a bit heavier on the knees because you're up and down into cover all day. There are plans for a village but I think those are a little way off at the moment while the guys are focussing on a few other things.

I've passed a link to this thread on to Morph. He's a good, level headed lad and I'm sure there'll be no hard feelings. Accidents happen. Don't let it get to you.

All in, it was a pleasure to meet you and it's plain to see that you're absolutely addicted to the game like most of us. Hopefully see you again!

Reactions: Bryso16v

Bryso16v

Jul 22, 2013
Cumbernauld
www.elliott-images.co.uk
cheers Nick, feels like ive ran a marathon lol, I really Liked Rebellion, If you can Successfully play here, then I think you can play anywhere, I am going to get back out running and try and get fitter lol, was planning on heading out this morning, but i couldnt move my legs lol

Magnet is fine, just a little cocky, and i think he enjoyed shooting me lol

Last edited:
Reactions: hoot

hoot

Mad Sqad Rebels
Sep 17, 2011
Falkirk, Scotland
He's a cheeky git! He acts cocky, but he's been known to shoot out his own team (three players in succession) and when you end up shooting him someone else *conveniently* managed to shoot him from a different direction just before you hit him.

Glad you enjoyed it, I hope your legs ease off soon! Like I said yesterday, running about a paintball field is a good motivator for physical fitness. Well, that and asking your bank to increase your overdraft ;)

Tippertapp

Oct 20, 2013
Wow, you got it good!
First time I tried asking questions all I got was
"F**k off, go play tennis"
and when I asked "what's better, poppet or spool"
I got "If you can't afford to buy one of each and find out for yourself, you can't afford the sport. Get a job"
I'm pretty sure those fellas often salivate over slating kids on PBnation....

Reactions: Bryso16v and hoot

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
so I downloaded the manual and I've made the trigger pulls longer and adjusted the activation point, to give more play in the trigger. Just need to test it out on the field!
like with real guns, you have to be mindful of pointing it not at people when not firing. I know that sounds obvious, but when electros first came out, people were getting shot from everywhere! I shot myself a few times aswell! Mainly in the foot trying to switch hands :) these things happen, and people always unnecessarily adjust the trigger to within an inch of its life, at least you know how to adjust it properly now though :)

Bryso16v

Jul 22, 2013
Cumbernauld
www.elliott-images.co.uk
like with real guns, you have to be mindful of pointing it not at people when not firing. I know that sounds obvious, but when electros first came out, people were getting shot from everywhere! I shot myself a few times aswell! Mainly in the foot trying to switch hands :) these things happen, and people always unnecessarily adjust the trigger to within an inch of its life, at least you know how to adjust it properly now though :)
Hopefully I can practise, better gun safety.