Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

My humble thoughts

Seraph

Samurai Member
Nov 26, 2001
The Woods
www.geocities.com
Here are some of the things i have come to learn during my time as a paintballer.

1. Camo usually just makes you blend in with the other players in the deadbox.

2. If ya haven't noticed, paintballs don't fly straight, so how is it possible for a sight to work?

3. Gigantic setups mean gigantic targets

4. Wait at least 6months before you purchase a product that is new to the industry, most products don't work the first time they're released. Examples being the Proteus and the AIR

5. Paintball is all about preference, try it before you buy it. And don't listen to the hype....the critics are usually more accurate.

I'm sure i could think of others, but hopefully my thoughts can educate the Newbs at least a little.

wmode

Nov 27, 2001
Visit site
hum·ble : Marked by meekness or modesty in behavior, attitude, or spirit; not arrogant or prideful.

crass : So crude and unrefined as to be lacking in discrimination and sensibility.

not to be hater or anything, but "newbs" need to know that there are many types of games, and many types of players. paintball has been around longer than most fresh-faced angel-toting teenagers have been alive. and guess what: back in the day they wore camoflauge. also, back in the day, guns only shot one round at a time; henceforth, one needed to aim carefully (instead of just letting their $1500 machinegun do all the work.) thankfully, our sport has made great advances, so now just about anybody with their parents creditcard can throw together a team, get sponsorships, and get nice matching jerseys. cammo may have no place in tornaments, and bright blue jerseys have no place in the woods. respect everyone, and everyone will respect you.

Seraph

Samurai Member
Nov 26, 2001
The Woods
www.geocities.com
duelly noted, each type of p8ball, (stock-class, pump, woodsball, tourneys, etc..) collects it's own crowd and therefore styles and habits, i just remember getting shot just as much with camo as with a jersey......camo never does too well when you are running or behind anything but a bush.....

I'm honored that you took the time to look that stuff up

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
I agree with most of that...But, camo really does help where I play (woodland ball). And sights DO help. If the person doesn't know that you are aligning your sight up with his ass then unleash a steady stream of balls on of them suckers on gonna hit him, regardless whether they curve a little bit. I don't know about everyone else but most of my balls fly straight.

However, yes, the critics tend to be more accurate then the hype.

Brianguard16

Nov 11, 2001
Indiana, USA
Visit site
I agree with Emerson. Camo really helps were we play. If you were to wear a jersey, it would be a lot easier to see and hit you. If you were in a tourney, then it wouldn't matter at all. :)

Manning26

Not true, I've crawled many times, IN MY JT JERSEY, and have gone unseen. I think you guys would be surprised how well the black and grey, or green and black JT's work in the woods. The brown tie-dye Renegade jerseys work even better, but are very warm in the summer. Heat stroke city.

:)