Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

my new ego-mag

EELZ

never a trading complaint
Oct 29, 2003
wrexham
I agree an Ego-mag is cool. I would prefer a slangel - It's an angel and a slut combined. Imagine an Angel A1, with a killer bod, which you and your friends can handle whenever you want. Awesome.
nearly there,only with a G7;

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Love the setup mate, looks great. I used to have a warp setup on my E-Mag which was great, but weighed an absolute ton.

The stainless Dye barrel probably didn't help with weight!

Reactions: Bolter and Cook$

EELZ

never a trading complaint
Oct 29, 2003
wrexham
LOL, all stainless body and barrel with the 18v battery pack..! And I've seen your arms John.;)

Didn't know you were a lefty though.:eek:

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
As long as the level 10 is working fine there's no need for eyes. I sort of gave up on mag's when a secondhand RT we got turned out so bad about 6 years ago (the shoot up as the valve heated and the level 10 seemed to go off very quickly - didn't have a regular air supply outside of the site we went to at the time so it was probably a bad idea from the start), this one's inspired me to start looking at them again though. Is the x-valve any more efficent than the classic ones?
True up to a point. A correctly tuned level 10 resets itself when it pinches a ball, which does stop chops but also slows the marker down as well. You can hear this on long strings where the Mag will stutter or chuff between shots. A good force feed loader helps prevent this and the addition of eyes also helps. In theory the best combination is a L7 RT pro valve for fast cycle rate and air efficiency, in conjunction with eyes to stop the chops.

The x-valve and lvl 10 is actually less efficient than the classic lvl 7 but saying that I've been using a 1.5ltr tank 4 k fill and still shoot a hopper and 6 locklids and still had 1k left so not bad considering how old the design is. There is a mod being designed over the pond to increase efficiency on both valves.
The other issue with RT/X valves is they need a higher (850-1000psi) input pressure to operate, compared to the 600-650 psi for a classic LvL7. This means you can't shoot very far into a 3000k psi tank fill before the gun shuts down. My 1.1L 3K bottle will only give me about 800 shots in the 2000psi working range it provides. This is one reason the yanks still tend to run 1.5 or 1.8L 4.5K psi bottles on mags, and also why some are trying mods to improve air efficiency on AGD valves. Sadly all of the sites I use will only fill to 3000 psi. If I need 4500 I have to go DIY from my dive rig which is a PITA to be honest

I have a spare RT valve stripped here which I'm going to try some efficiency insert mods with next season

no worres ill have to borrow GeeTees :)

If u find that red oring ill make up some x-valve inserts
I'll sort something out with you ASAP mate

Did you still need that sear and stainless body?

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
LOL, all stainless body and barrel with the 18v battery pack..! And I've seen your arms John.;)

Didn't know you were a lefty though.:eek:
Hehe, yeah I was at risk of snapping something vital picking the whole lot up.

Leftie for shooting and writing, rightie for tennis and badminton.....basically kackhanded :D

renie

Mar 2, 2008
I'll sort something out with you ASAP mate

Did you still need that sear and stainless body?

im getting some sears laser cut after christmas so should be ok but the body would be good :)