Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

My Unbiased View of the new PE LV1

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Today I took part in the UK's Northern Leg of the UWL, and Jack and the PE lads were there playing.

Right, bit of background. I have been playing paintball since 2004-2007, then left and came back November 2011. I am someone who doesnt fall in love with their markers and have been through owning... Mini, Creed, GEO2.1, CloneVX, Empire Sniper, Demon (2013 internals), Creed (again), EGO11+DART, Axe LTD PDD and Alien Invasion 2012 (both used and 2nd hand).
So I have touched almost every high end marker out there other than the DLX kind...

Anyway, Jack (who I never met before) was true to his word on the other post, let me have a look at the LV1. It feels balanced, tiny bit longer feeling than the EGO11, but it is better than I expected in the flesh (or metal). What I didn't expect was that he said that I could go out and play a game or two with it.

So off I went, played a game and went from the start gate, jumped a ditched and lost my footing and did a pretty awesome roll, making sure to remember my tourny days and go 'palms up' - so I protected the LV1.. and learnt that those shotgun-proof GI Pods can handle a 21stone guy rolling over them!

Anyway back to the LV1. I HATE poppets but I love the LV1. It is quieter than the EGO11 with DART. It is smoother than an Ego11 with DART. It actually, to me, felt more like a spool valve marker. No joke there. I was very impressed.
The guys had it set up to shoot around 265fps (limit is 280fps) and it just felt great.

Anyone who moans about the rubber foregrip - jesus, every marker i've owned i've put an Exalt grip on it - so this to me, is a bonus!
The air passage tube does NOT get in the way. There is no way you'll break this in game - not unless you somehow fall on a fence.
It also feels natural with your palm resting gently against it for support.

When I gave it back to Jack, he then spent some time to show me how to strip it down and explain what each bit does. I cannot tell you how easy it is to strip this marker down WITH NO TOOLS.

Am I sold on the LV1? YES. Did I want to get one before I saw it? No. How about now? YES!!
Shame I cannot afford it :/

PS - could have got it for free but I am honest
(Guys, don't leave your shiney marker at the far end of the woods all alone when you've all gone back to base to re-pod up )
I think Jack was a little shocked at how honest I was and that it could have easily have gone missing!

Anyway, thank you again Jack for letting me try out the LV1 and taking the time to talk to me. Some day i'll hopefully own one!

Garideon

Sep 24, 2011
well give me first dibs on your axe if you decide to go for the LV1 :p

Thanks for the review!

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the review... I've ordered one from LIPS because I trust PE to launch a marker that works. Your review just reconfirmed that confidence was not misdirected!

Last edited: