Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Myth reg how to remove?

mikey1975

Morning Wood Walking Dead
Oct 2, 2009
Stockport
Stand it (reg down) in a cup of hot water for 5 minutes to break any thread lock that may have been used.
tried it still on and now snapped my strap wrench also im now thinking new wrench and a vice for the reg just need it off now lol

jfp

May 13, 2011
Oxford
Give it some thought before trying, but i laid mine on the floor, held it down with my hand and with the fill nipple at a 90 degree angle to the floor, gave the nipple a tap with the hammer. This is not a full on hard as you can whack, just a bit of a tap and found this was enough to loosen it and then unscrewed it by hand.

Also bear in mind I had no intention of ever reusing the reg (although i don't think its damaged in any way from it)

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
take it in to an Auto Garage and ask nicely , all done in a jiffy, those guys do them all the time on the cars, probably do it for nothing as well

Reactions: mikey1975

tooniek

Jun 25, 2007
When I was working on pb service, first we put bottle upside down into cup with hot water (as someone mentioned before). If it won't help we tried to screw the reg and bottle into the marker ASA as hard as possible. In most cases it helped (reg stayed in marker ASA)

mikey1975

Morning Wood Walking Dead
Oct 2, 2009
Stockport
Finally got it off hot water didnt work so vice strap wrench and a lot of swearing later its off bin fodder but at least i can get a new reg on it now lol