Moscow
www.paintball.ru
Total number of players 908
North 494 players
South 414 players
494:414?
Equal.
Not arithmetically, but in paintball terms:D
I'm doing Big Games since 1998, last year we had 938 players, this year we have 1155 already registered (Big Maneuvers, May 19) and I can say that such disbalance doesn't really makes the difference.
What really makes - the competent Command HQ, groups on the field carryinng out the orders, radio communication.
The side wich direct the 'troops' better got more chances to win, even if outnumbered.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
494:414?
Equal.
Not arithmetically, but in paintball terms:D
I'm doing Big Games since 1998, last year we had 938 players, this year we have 1155 already registered (Big Maneuvers, May 19) and I can say that such disbalance doesn't really makes the difference.
What really makes - the competent Command HQ, groups on the field carryinng out the orders, radio communication.
The side wich direct the 'troops' better got more chances to win, even if outnumbered.
...and all other things being equal, the team with the most players wins....argue against that and you might as well go buy a sticker with 'I'm a dick' printed on it and then go stick it on yer nut....

Armadyllo

Errrrr.. mm
Apr 17, 2002
SoMainland
Visit site
Re. team with the most players wins....argue against that
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah I'm with Robbo on that one... at the end of the day players head to the most action by word of mouth anyway.. and others have ideas to defend areas notunder threat of their own accord..

A big player differential makes a huge difference... the biggest percentage of those missing players would be at the most wanted area i.e most action... and 40 to 50 players is a lot.

Also just making the teams equal balances that up nicely but turn the differential in the other direction to equal the North and I think QED the South would definitely have won. :D

Hey it is the only thing keeping me going each year...

Zamp

May 13, 2007
Moscow
www.paintball.ru
Re. team with the most players wins....argue against that
I have statistics from all our games since 1998 (10 Big Paintball Maneuvers games, 12 River Crossing games plus 5 other games, all from 300+ players to 1000 players).
Each time there was a 5-10% disbalance but bigger side won not all games but 17 out of 27 (62%).

Size doesn't matter :D

killcrazy

now sporting the ego
Dec 4, 2006
bedlington (near newcastle)
more players on the opposing team = more people to shoot at.

and im sorry like, but this north south divide thing has been taken too far, everyone knows that anything south of the tyne is classed as southern... :p

Luke W

The Firm
Oct 7, 2006
Salford
Ok we've had the official result, but here's the mathematical result, showing that had the sides been balanced, the south would have won!

Total number of players 908
North had 80 more players than the south, which means
North 494 players
South 414 players

Lets look at the North first:

Total points scored: 3247
Divided by Number of players (494) = 6.57 points scored by each player

South
Total points scored: 2523
divided by number of players (414) = 6.09 points scored by each player

The north had 8.1% more players on the field (494 x 8.1% = 40) and so they had 8.1% more chance of scoring points. Therefore we need to deduct 8.1% from the average score per player.

North average score 6.57 x 8.1% = .54 which brings their per person score down to 6.04 points per player This is .05 of a point less than the southerners average.

Therefore i conclude that mathematics prove that the South had the edge over the Northerners on the day.

Well done South :)
Do those figures include kills? Because I thought that you got 10 points for every kill and the North got 1700 and something kills and the South got 1400 and something? Which would leave you with a five figure number? Yes? No? Maybe? :confused: