Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Need Acid

Rowely

Bend over, here it comes.
Jun 18, 2006
yea tht^ also u can calcuate how much of each stuff you are going to produce with the charge, im guessing you give the dye and opposite charge to the thing to be annoed so it is attracted an hencforth put on the metal anyways if you produce 50ml of sulphur in 120 seconds, you would produce 5 ml in 10 etc how you have any idea what these will be anyways is above me :S

Demonic69

I Created a Mocka!!!
May 21, 2005
Barnsley, UK
Visit site
Rowely said:
yea tht^ also u can calcuate how much of each stuff you are going to produce with the charge, im guessing you give the dye and opposite charge to the thing to be annoed so it is attracted an hencforth put on the metal anyways if you produce 50ml of sulphur in 120 seconds, you would produce 5 ml in 10 etc how you have any idea what these will be anyways is above me :S
Errrr no :D
The dye is done after the anodising, it's heated but is absorbed through the pores in the aluminium, then sealed somehow... I'll be using the steambath method :D
Where's the sulphur come from?

Strawb

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Worcester
Visit site
To seal the dye in just dump the part in a pan of boiling water and keep it boiling for 20 mins, very little of the dye will be washed off.

Same goes if you want clear anno, just seal it in boiling water.

Rowely

Jun 18, 2006
Oh wel i dunno much about anno'ing but i do know alot about chemisrty and physics, the sulphur comes from the sulphuric acid (providing your using that) sulphuric acid is H2SO4

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
Sorry to be a spoilsport, but no sulphur or compounds of suphur are released, as the H2SO4 does not actually take a direct part in the reaction - it is there to make the electrolyte (the water) conductive enough. Anodizing is possible with salt water ot lemon juice instead (but I don't recommend trying it, the results won't be good.)

The only chemical reaction that occurs is 2Al + 3H20 => 3H2 + Al2O3. That is, the water at the surface of the aluminium is split, the oxygen forming Aluminium oxide and the hydrogen being released as gas.

Rowely

Jun 18, 2006
ahh, i thought differently i thought you would also be elctrolising the h2s04, with the hydrogen, oxygen etc apperaing at the anode becasue of the negative ions, not sure what sulphur is im gessing its positive, but i would of thought if your passing a compound through a substance it would break it down take copper sulphate, that oh so friendly looking blue substance, you get copper forming on the cathode and sulphur being relased as a gas at the anode at least it think its been a while, meh. i just hope no1 gets hurt/ you manage to get a darwin award