Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

need help choosing marker

Ashley6

Shake n' Bake!
Feb 7, 2010
Hey mate, I got proto axis pro hollywood goggles for £50 from lips, and a Proto Matrix Rail 08 (special edition) for 135 on here.

Very comfy goggles and the gun is nice to shoot.

Ashley :)

PaintballWizard

The best in the west!
Oct 5, 2009
Something i need to ask......
Do you want to continue to go to punter days (IE you book in advance and paintballs cost you a bomb load with random people)?

Because if you do, you will probably need a mechanical marker unlike the ones everyone is suggesting. Besides, with a good tippmann or something, you practically can't break it. You put a bottle on it, pull the pin back, shoot shoot shoot. End of the day, unscrew the bottle done. No fiddly settings but much lower firing rate.

goldenelite0

Jul 1, 2009
I wouldn't say electronic guns are fiddly. Yes they can get complicated when you delve into it's settings but that isn't something you need to even look at on day one. Most, with air and paint, will shoot right out of the box and as you get more confident you can explore the things you can do with it. Besides, you can always find a person to help you out.

Considering they aren't really that much more than mechanical guns, a newbie should go electronic purely because they are far easier to maintain. This is only my opinion of course.

oO TJ Oo

Feb 19, 2010
I have an Invert Mini, i got it off "justpaintball.co.uk". for £284.17 i got the Invert Mini and a *FREE* Velocity Jnr hopper(worth £70). i'd recconmend this because it is the most accurate thing i have ever shot in my life, reliable, small, fast and light. And i just got the average £45 Air tank, works fine.

PaintballWizard

The best in the west!
Oct 5, 2009
Considering they aren't really that much more than mechanical guns, a newbie should go electronic purely because they are far easier to maintain. This is only my opinion of course.
What!!??!?! My inferno, i pull it out, shoot a bit and at the end of the day, pull the bolt out and clean and relube it. No batteries, boards, complex bolts etc etc.
How is electronic easier to maintain! Mech's are so simple in operation, thats why they give them to punters and not electro's!

Feb 21, 2010
thanks for help i am wanting to go to training and take my own paintballs rather than where you have to buy them there and get into a team. when people say training i guess they mean like training for tournements and how would/could i get into a team or start one??? i am only 14 do you have to be older to start a team for tournements or training???

goldenelite0

Jul 1, 2009
What!!??!?! My inferno, i pull it out, shoot a bit and at the end of the day, pull the bolt out and clean and relube it. No batteries, boards, complex bolts etc etc.
How is electronic easier to maintain! Mech's are so simple in operation, thats why they give them to punters and not electro's!
Lol I make an exception for the Inferno, that's designed specifically for punter sites. I was more thinking of your cheaper BT and Tippmanns, they don't even have bolt out the back or anything.

PaintballWizard

The best in the west!
Oct 5, 2009
Lol I make an exception for the Inferno, that's designed specifically for punter sites. I was more thinking of your cheaper BT and Tippmanns, they don't even have bolt out the back or anything.
They're still pretty darn simple but let's stop thread jacking eh? :p