Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Need help with smartmag problem.

Jul 7, 2001
England
www.geocities.com
Errr..... when I was playing on sunday my smartmag was working fine but then it started to leak a lot of gas down the barrel, I turned off the gas until I got back to the safe area, when I turned it back on it was fine. The next game it started to leak down the barrel again but I tried shooting through it and it stopped leaking, then it started leaking sometimes and the bolt wold go forward and push a ball into the barrel but not fire it, then it would re-cock itself and fire both balls without me pulling the trigger but only with a little gas so the balls travelled only a few meters. Then it would resume firing as normal but then screw up again, if anyone could help could you reply to this thread.

Cheers,

Pieman.

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Hmmmmm??

It's been a while since I shot one of these but I'll try and help.

Sounds to me like the problem stems from either the on/off valve, power stem or the trigger sear.

When gas is leaking down the barrel squeeze and hold the trigger. If the gas continues to leak (maybe intermittently during the trigger hold) it is definitely the on/off (is that what they're called???)

Otherwise check the sear and then replace the O-ring inside the power stem (take off the brass 'cap' that the bolt travels on, pull out the spring and then you will see this o-ring).

Hope this helps - and hope I havent miss-named anything - it has been 5 years!!!!!

Mark T - Vision Impulse - luvin it luvin it luvin it!!!!

MadTommy

GEEZER
Jul 10, 2001
London
Mark U aint mist named things man.
It might allso be the power tube spacer do like what Mark said to do with the Oring but also change the spacer in some valves you will get a spring or a brass slive with writing on it like this: .215, .220, .225, .230 change the spacer to a lower number now if the bolt is staying out it might also be that your bolt spring is to old so change it for a new one.
all what Mark and myself have said all the parts you can get in a MAG spare kit.
good luck
but do change the Orings in the P/tube and spacer.
----------------------------------------
MadTommy - BadCompany UK

Dave S ECI

ECI + HFT
Jul 17, 2001
53rd and 3rd
Visit site
could be your main spring is on the way out, take apart your valve and the bolt. Place the spring on the bolt, it should sit higher than the length of the bolt, if it does not or if it is the same length then get a spares kit and swap them over.

also make sure ur field strip screw at the back is in tight as if it works its way out then u will get these probs.

any more questions post this on the tech room in www.automags.org forums and u will be helped by more mag users