Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Need some help!

Stephen

RIP Topcats
Apr 27, 2008
Hertfordshire
Long story short, I need a list of 20 'qualities' to help make up part up of my dissertation for university. I've managed to come up with a list, but just want to see if anyone else would add something to the list or if i've been blind and missed something stupidly obvious. I should point out that it's aimed at tournament paintball as well. Anyway, here's the list:

• Snap shooting
  • Communication
  • Running and shooting
  • Field Awareness
  • Reaction Time
  • Speed
  • Cardiovascular Fitness
  • Breaking Out
  • Playing Tight
  • Off-hand Shooting
  • Knowing when to move
  • Confidence
  • Reloading
  • Laning
  • Staying Alive
  • Team Cohesion
  • Muscular Endurance
  • Knowledge of field layout
  • 'One-on-one' play
  • Sliding/Diving
Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Reactions: Mason Dann

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I'd have laning as Laning/sweetspotting

Perhaps also preparation - marker maintaince etc?

Stephen

RIP Topcats
Apr 27, 2008
Hertfordshire
Thanks for the reply, glad someone took the time to have a read (y)

As for sweetspotting, how would you define that? Just want to know if we're on the same page. And you are right with preparation, as this can play a significant part in someone's performance, but for the purpose of the list it is more a focus on skills and physical abilities. But preparation will definitely get a mention in the discussion as an influencing factor.

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
Balance - All those awkward poses we have to pull to play tight are not good if you fall over trying to do them,

Stephen

RIP Topcats
Apr 27, 2008
Hertfordshire
Thanks for the feedback guys, means a lot! Indeed balance is something that is I think I need to include. Also, I wrongly believed that it had to be 20 qualities, it can be as many or as little as you like. So in terms of individual skills and play, do you think that any of these could be missed out or some are very similar?

I feel like I could miss out 'Breaking Out' and 'Team Cohesion' and probably 'One-on-one play' as well, and throw in 'Agility' as another quality. Thoughts?

Stephen

RIP Topcats
Apr 27, 2008
Hertfordshire
How about plain old Tactics? You need a gameplay before doing anything. Know your moves before you play em.
What I should have mentioned as well is that they will be filling one out as a team as well, so this is where different skills come into, like the breakout and tactics as you mentioned. But yes, i didn't originally have tactics in mind so thanks for that (y)

Jlowe

Here let me wipe my balls off your face.
Jul 10, 2011
Staffordshire
How about Concentration? being able to block out all of the noise from markers so you can focus on what your team are shouting and what you're shooting?