Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

new bottle advice

cwkotw

Aug 30, 2004
Visit site
i'm looking at geting a new carbon wrap 1.1 4500 bottle but would like the lightest one available (not Stako) what would be you advice?

thanks in advance

dave t

GWC #25
Oct 25, 2001
North East
Visit site
apart from the stako ( which I use ) there isn't a massive difference between the rest but would have to say, the throttle is one of the heavier fibre wraps

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Just got myself a DXS 1.1 from LIPs, the bottle is shorter/stubbier than other 1.1's, and of all the 1.1's ive picked up, this feels the lightest. The DXS bottle LIPs have on there website shows a pic of the longer, older reg attatched to the bottle. The newer regs are much shorter.

Comparing this bottle with the evil 0.7 (45cu) bottle with a CP reg i have , the weight of them both are very similar, although i havent weighed them on a scale yet.
Length of both bottles have very little difference. I can take some pics side by side and weigh them both if it helps.

pb-daz

Apr 6, 2009
the differences will be so minamul mate i wouldnt worry, i have a dye throttle and it feels great when i use it, luxfer are also v good,that would've been my second choice for sure, got mine from warped with reg, hope this helps,,

jamaluddeen

Jul 8, 2009
hi i have both the luxfer-dxs ???????? the dxs looks lighter but believe me it not after holding marker for 10 Min's you can tell the difference so sorry son i want my luxfer back lol luxfer any day dxs with shorter valve looks good but just that little heavier and you do feel it.... hope this helps.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Pics of both bottles

DXS 1.1 (INOCOM) including reg (100% empty) = 1171 grams
Evil bottle 0.7 (Luxfer) including CP reg (3000psi filled) = 1172 grams

The evil bottle normally comes new with a PMI pure energy reg (195 grams), and are heavier than the CP regs(131 grams).

For information, so you know what a empty Evil bottle with a PMI reg weighs, i took some figures off a chart off PBNation.

Evil bottle (Luxfer Carbon Fiber 45/4500) + PMI pure energy reg , Empty = 1015 grams.

A filled bottle will be heavier due to compressed air.

Difference in length is very minor. Butted both bottles up against a wall, marking out very carefully, there is only 12mm difference.

I see the length of a bottle/setup to be more important than the weight. The weight between different manufacturers is very minimal, figures are probably around 20-30 grams difference. I doubt you will notice it when playing.

Hope this helps.