New DYE toys

systemx

Peace through superior firepower
Jul 3, 2011
London
IMG_5684.JPG
IMG_5683.JPGIMG_5681.JPG IMG_5682.JPG
IMG_5685.JPG

So a new series of M2's which as we all know are without doubt one of the best performing and nicest looking markers available today. Now with the 'MOS air' system which obviously links to the eVoke unit for the new I5's which so far appears to be an audio only interface.

Wireless charging which I have to say is so cool and it's about time someone incorporated this into a marker, just think potentially never having to worry about plugging in your marker again!!!! Amazing!!!

The new I5 look cool and DYE seem to have listened with regard to the I4's being a bit small,
And now with the eVoke interface system.

All of this looks awesome but I do have a couple of questions...

1) I assume a new board be required for existing M2's to make it compatable with the eVoke Or is this being dealt with by way of say.....a software update activating already incorporated tech on the existing boards?

2) Will there be a Screen based HUD available for the I5's?

3) Do the i5's use an all new lens system?

Last edited:

Banil

Fe
Dec 29, 2007
I have seen that the new board is available for preorder at a discounted price for existing M2 owners. On the Dye website they are listed for $129.99.

They will be at this price for 90 days. So as soon as a euro price is up. I maybe be looking to get one. Make the most of the wireless charging.

systemx

Jul 3, 2011
London
Ah that answers question 1 definitively then, I too will be looking at picking one up in that case, as if for nothing else the wireless charging!!!

Banil

Fe
Dec 29, 2007
If it had over the air wireless updates also. That would be a really nice touch.

systemx

Jul 3, 2011
London
Yes that would be seriously cool, but to be fair there is no reason that cannot be achieved. I just hope that they support the M2's for more than two years given the substantial investment they will now be as to have the full set up you are going to be looking at about 2K.

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
Think the adjustable strap system is a great idea, ratcheted adjustment and a large 'cup' for the back of the head. I think that's a mega step up in security and comfort. Remains to be seen how nicely it plays with Sandanas etc.

systemx

Jul 3, 2011
London
Couldn't agree more that certainly looks like a great idea hopefully they will be comfortable, I guess I will find out soon...

RemcoV

Oct 9, 2016
The adjustable strap looks very handy, looks comfy to.

The MOSair with Evoke seems like a nice touch but a little useless. More of a gimmick.