Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New Ego Bolt

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
Any chance of weight or length info or a pic compared to stock or dart bolt please?
i dont have one to hand (im at home atm) but length and weight wise i think they will be around the same as the standard 06 one. the back of the bolt is shaped to match the back of the 06 gun

how come people are obsessed with the weight of bolts....if you go too light you can start to get issues with velocity becoming inconsistant as it is the combined weight of the rammer and bolt that opens the valve

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
i dont have one to hand (im at home atm) but length and weight wise i think they will be around the same as the standard 06 one. the back of the bolt is shaped to match the back of the 06 gun

how come people are obsessed with the weight of bolts....if you go too light you can start to get issues with velocity becoming inconsistant as it is the combined weight of the rammer and bolt that opens the valve
Just want to know compared to the stock bolt. Why is having a delrin pin such a mad idea, i though it dropped the weight without cause adverse effects to consistancy etc?

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
yes but if you drop too much weight, like some of the kids on pbnation who like to chop their bolt down to an inch long then use a delrin pin, a lightened rammer etc....they are chopping too much off i think (not tested it personally just an educated guess).

robof9

awkward
Feb 20, 2005
East Coast
www.p8ntballer-forums.com
so i have had a look at this today, and i will say this, it will work, as the ball rolls over the orings it pushes them into the groove, but the rear oring doesnt really sink alot, and always seems to seal against the ramp. this means the seal is made at all times thru the combo of the 2 seals with the bolt in forward position.

obviously this is my opinion and not fact.

Jon S

London Faction
Sep 22, 2003
London
www.jaysto.com
I actualy find the easy install very useful:eek: , it makes putting the pin into the rammer much easier than scraping about.
Indeed, I think criticising the easy install "to stop bellends putting it in the wrong way" shows some ignorance about its purpose...it's there to tell you when the bolt pin is inline with the rammer. When I figured that out it struck me as yet another well-thought bit of design. (this was on a Dart bolt, not seen one of these new ones in person)

ollgeeze

Elsham eagles frontman 8)
Apr 11, 2005
solihull west mids
Visit site
Yeh it is a good idea, terribly sorry for my ignorance, i wouldnt have considered putting my bolt in an operation substantial enough to be refered to as an installation and since it doesnt explain it i figured it was something to do with installing the bolt pin, I'm gonna go and un-install my bolt and make my own right now :D

Maddogwhitey

off season boring.
Aug 1, 2005
Aberdeen
www.lips.biz
to be honest...ive never had a problem with my stock bolt, or my dart bolt.
the only time ive ever had the world go a bit peat tong is when i mix and match paint. one type of paint, from one batch im fine.

at the end of the day, this new bolt thing strikes me as just an extra shiney thing to have...same as a derilin bolt pin or a pet orangutan.