Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New Forum? love it or hate it?

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Hate the forced width - what's the point in having an uber-res monitor when the forum only takes up an ickle strip in the middle?

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Gadget said:
Hate the forced width - what's the point in having an uber-res monitor when the forum only takes up an ickle strip in the middle?
what? I was going to say having the page so wide makes long posts hard to read sometimes

maybe something to do with your resolution, the forum on my PC fills the page?

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Rosie said:
what? I was going to say having the page so wide makes long posts hard to read sometimes

Time to sell that 15" Monitor, Rosie
If youve got bigger than a 15" monitor then you've got your screen resolution set at 800 x 600 which means its set wrong or you got a crap graphics card :D
800 x 600 is ok, if you got poor eyesight, but on a 19" TFT looks blooming awful ;)

ollgeeze

Elsham eagles frontman 8)
Apr 11, 2005
solihull west mids
Visit site
What i find kinda strange is that there has actually been extra effort put in to take things away from us, and now we have to pay for most of what we were getting for free before.... seems like a strange way to start a business to me, kind of the same tactics drug dealers employ :]

And surely the giant ego, added self righteousness, biggoted sarcasm skills and apparent feeling of vast superiority over other people that baca has endowed through his "moderation" of these forums is payment enough?? along with the advertisment among the pages ofcourse....
maybe not?

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Aww, Oll, you like me, you really like me!

ollgeeze said:
What i find kinda strange is that there has actually been extra effort put in to take things away from us, and now we have to pay for most of what we were getting for free before.... seems like a strange way to start a business to me, kind of the same tactics drug dealers employ :]

And surely the giant ego, added self righteousness, biggoted sarcasm skills and apparent feeling of vast superiority over other people that baca has endowed through his "moderation" of these forums is payment enough?? along with the advertisment among the pages ofcourse....
maybe not?
Let's see--umm, giant ego. Check. Added self-righteousness. Check. Bigoted? sarcasm. Well, definitely a big check on the sarcasm. Vast superiority. If you say so. Check.

With a value added list like that y'all should consider yourselves lucky it was all "free" before. And what really have you "lost"--grossly bloated sigs and a few pm's. Highway robbery I say. Perhaps a boycott is in order? :)

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
TheBroz said:
'grossly bloated sigs' eh?

Pot calling kettle; "You are black"

PS. I know you're special sire, I was just making an observation before someone else did :p
Nice of you to brighten our day, Potter, but clearly you need to re-examine the meaning of grossly bloated. The acknowledgement of the World's Greatest Paintball Magazine and a tribute to England's humblest export is modest fare compared to home grown sig banners and extended lists of player gear, etc.

And yes, I'm special but so are you. So is Ollgeeze. Just in a different way. ;)

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Rosie said:

Blimey, you must run a very low res - this is what it looks like on mine (which is at a paltry 1280x1024):

http://www.port27500.com/forum.jpg

I know vb can dynamically scale itself to fit any given resolution, so god knows why they've gone fixed-width, it's naff.

Have found turning the display of sigs off makes things a bit more readable (although of course that does then deny poor old platinum members the ability to show their wares, shame ;)).

Oh and while on the topic of 'hates' - prices in dollars? Oh dearie me - I know the management are desperate to have this seen as the premier paintball forum for all the yanks, but let's face it, sticking wagon wheels and six-shooters on the wall of a damp Nottinghamshire pub serving warm pints of Speckled Hen doesn't suddenly make it Texan, know what I mean? :D

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
paypal my good man, will convert it automatically to pounds for you. so you know exactly how much it will cost you :)

It's a 'mare to set up dual payment options.