Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New goggles? I4s, E-flex or other?

staffy96

Dec 5, 2012
Surrey
Hi, I currently own a pair of dye i4s which are great, low profile, comfy and everything. But i have a problem with them. In the rain they are useless due to not having a peak, and just vents at the top, so water runs straight into the inside of the lens. Also, i find that they aren't the best for shouting in, however the main problem is the rain.. i was thinking of getting e-flexes. Does anyone know if they will be any better or if there are any better goggles?
Cheers

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
I use tape on the top vents on rainy days.

I also find the i4's very comfy, tried a pair of e-flexes on, just didnt get on with them.

matj

Mar 22, 2013
Haven't tried the flex's but I have some I4's on the way currently.

Tried profits, savephace, old JT's....couldn't get on with them. I4's on the other hand...loved them when i had the chance to try them on.

Is there not the ability to buy rain covers for the I4's like you can for profits?...would be handy,

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
I've got I3s, e flex and e vent Avatars.
Did have i4s but found them too small felt a bit exposed in them,so sold them.
The e flex are great,no steaming up,lens is a doddle to change,comfy don't slip nice and soft.
Fitted the peak off the e vents.
So as its been said before try a few on and see if the fitt your face.

Last edited:

bojjob

#19 Blackout
Feb 22, 2012
Sussex
May be worth trying some grillz too.
They are damn comfy, come with peaks etc and the bet bit : bloody cheap.
I got some for £50 new ;) Although you will be paying more for ltd edition etc...

Hnt0r

Jan 2, 2013
Bath
Just bought some a new E-Flex with a pal from my team, I love them, comfy, great for communication etc but he sold his literally the next day for some I4's because the Flex's are actually quite big.

As bojjob said, check some grillz!

Reactions: bojjob

Will L

CUCKING FUNT
Apr 21, 2007
I would also recommend grillz. I haven't even worn them on the field yet and I'm impressed. Comes with a peak, great vision, very comfy and it literally took me a minute to figure out how to take the mask apart. Very simple.

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
i have done the same as nitroball and put black tape over the i4's vent on rainy days..... or wear a hat

Reactions: matj

matj

Mar 22, 2013
i have done the same as nitroball and put black tape over the i4's vent on rainy days..... or wear a hat
baseball cap is normally my method.

Annoying a rain cover like the profits one isn't available for them though. especially with the popularity of the i4's.

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
baseball cap is normally my method.

Annoying a rain cover like the profits one isn't available for them though. especially with the popularity of the i4's.
good point mate... although it would ruin the look of the I4s :p