New Gun, Is It Any Good????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oily

Big kid
Jul 30, 2006
Radcliffe,Manchester
Come on guys,lay off the kid :rolleyes:

It all depends on what type of paintball you want to play,in the woods,rec ball as some call it or sup air with bouncy castles etc but i'm guessing your more into the rec ball with that set up(i hope;) )
The Ion would cope with both to be honest and i think if you'd come on here first the majority of people(99.9%) would have said go for the Ion

You could have bought an 'upped' Ion on here for far less than you've spent on the 98 :eek:

NobbyonDaNET

If it Fly's it Dies
Apr 18, 2006
Stoke on Trent
nobbyondanet.magix.net
Personally I would have said that you are £100 over budget for a really Good second hand high end marker and accessories. On the other hand if you had no idea of the things for sale on paintball forums, you would be paying through the nose like lots of others.:eek:

May 23, 2006
Scotland :D
question is are you at a site that lets you use your own air bottle? if so can they fill it for you? if the site is co2 only will they fill your bottle or only let you use site bottles? where in scotland do you come from n where do you play regularly?

scotty

G.Ash

1st Wave
Sep 24, 2007
we have all been noobs once and done silly stuff as far as buying stuff goes. dont be deheartened by the other responses it dont matter how good the gun is its how good the player is on the end of it is..... good luck and i hope you love paintball as much as the rest of us

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
we have all been noobs once and done silly stuff as far as buying stuff goes. dont be deheartened by the other responses it dont matter how good the gun is its how good the player is on the end of it is..... good luck and i hope you love paintball as much as the rest of us
I digress(look it up),with todays markers and as stated if the choice was between a Tippy and an Ion the Ion would be a better option.
You give two players with the same skill levels/ability and the Ion user will deffo have the edge purely based on ROF.
I'm talking standard markers before peeps starting adding ups.
BTW that's my opinion......:p

G.Ash

1st Wave
Sep 24, 2007
I digress(look it up),with todays markers and as stated if the choice was between a Tippy and an Ion the Ion would be a better option.
You give two players with the same skill levels/ability and the Ion user will deffo have the edge purely based on ROF.
I'm talking standard markers before peeps starting adding ups.
BTW that's my opinion......:p
it gets me how everyone winges and moans that more needs to be done to get more new players playing and when some one does get into the sport everyone is quick to slate, how disheartened you think this lad is now. some of the qutoes above is enough to put a noobie of paintball.
all i was doing was trying to give the lad a boost and of course someone has to rip that too.......really whats the point:mad::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.