New Gun, Is It Any Good????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
G.Ash with you on this
however the new fella needn't be dissapointed, yes he's bought a marker and found its not suitable, a mistake some of us have made (me included) but can be rectified,

nowt to stop the lad sticking it up fer sale making some money back off it specially if it dont get used and buying something that would be more suitable?

just me tupence worth

CAMDENELECTRIC

KU Nemesis
Jun 4, 2007
Newcastle Under-Lyme
Well said Rat,
I have bought stuff that I deeply regret for twice as much money as its worth, we all do it at sometime especially when we are new or young.
Like Rat said there is nothing to stop him from selling up and buying a decent high-end gun 2nd hand depending on what type of ball he is playing.
Stop laying in to him and start helping not hindering, he asked for advice not for abuse!:mad:

Kierans, if I were you I would play some paintball with your setup and see if you like it or not. If you dont like it then you can always flog it to someone for twice its worth;) and go and get a new marker.
Make sure you try a few guns out before you buy though as you will have a much better understanding of the gun even if you just hold it.

PM if you have any other problems or questions no matter how silly they sound or you can email me at: jjlc@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers and Good Luck
James

NobbyonDaNET

If it Fly's it Dies
Apr 18, 2006
Stoke on Trent
nobbyondanet.magix.net
Well said Rat,
I have bought stuff that I deeply regret for twice as much money as its worth, we all do it at sometime especially when we are new or young.
Like Rat said there is nothing to stop him from selling up and buying a decent high-end gun 2nd hand depending on what type of ball he is playing.
Stop laying in to him and start helping not hindering, he asked for advice not for abuse!:mad:

Kierans, if I were you I would play some paintball with your setup and see if you like it or not. If you dont like it then you can always flog it to someone for twice its worth;) and go and get a new marker.
Make sure you try a few guns out before you buy though as you will have a much better understanding of the gun even if you just hold it.

PM if you have any other problems or questions no matter how silly they sound or you can email me at: jjlc@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers and Good Luck
James
Not a bright idea to put your Spam mail address on show. Far safer to use PM's:rolleyes:

ddr400

TEAM SPS
Aug 29, 2007
Watford
www.sps-paintball.co.uk
Hello mate and welcome to the forum.

Dont get down, as longas your happy with your marker then thats what matters.

Sadly hind-site is a bitch! I too am pretty new and didnt know about the forum, i purchased all my kit brand new, and spent £320 on an Ion, air and hopper (and god knows how much more on ups!) and then went on the forum to find my gat at £80 with ups :(

Even though you did pay over the odds for your marker (as did i) go and use it and if your in too woodsball there is plenty you can do to make our new gat very swan-ky as time goes on if you decide to stay with that one

here are some examples:

http://www.proteamdirect.com/tipup.html

im sure people will have used stuff or know where to get things cheap to help you out.

IF you have a local site the guys will more than likely be more than happy to let you try their kit and then you can plan for the future.

Right now you need to go out and enjoy your new toy, be proud and go and enjoy the sport and make friends.

ajwarwick

May 23, 2007
Hertfordshire
I started off with a 98 when i was playing in the woods. Loved it. Part of the fun for me was to take something slow and modify and basically work on it all myself creating something much better and faster. With the right modifications a 98 can go 15bps easy although it is expensive to get it there (if you dont believe me then talk to my team mate who got pulled off the field for "ramping" whilst using mine).

Good site to look at if your going to stick with the 98 is www.model98.org

MCBrawler

I put my name on it
Jun 2, 2005
in a house
Visit site
:D 98 are an awsome first marker mate durable as f*** it will last ya twice as long as most guns and if ya land on it, it ant gonna break ull just have to fix ur self lol at the end of the day guns a gun Good choice :D

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
it gets me how everyone winges and moans that more needs to be done to get more new players playing and when some one does get into the sport everyone is quick to slate, how disheartened you think this lad is now. some of the qutoes above is enough to put a noobie of paintball.
all i was doing was trying to give the lad a boost and of course someone has to rip that too.......really whats the point:mad::mad:
Why quote me?
Read my thread properly m8,I'm not dishing his decision I was actually comenting on the difference between markers and the fact that you advise the marker is of no consiquence.
The difference between some is greater than others Tippy--> Ion just an example.
At no point do I mention him directly,lets not confuse the issue by telling "newbies" that there is not much difference between the markers.
We always need new blood,he wanted honest feedback,he got it.:rolleyes:

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
talking about hind site, i bought a h18 eros-e then moved to ion, timmy, ego and onwards in the space of 3 month :p
:eek::eek:Same bought a JT electro can't recall the name(****a or summit),lasted 1 walk-on,back to a mech cocker-->electro-cocker-->ego.
A lot of us have done it so we know what we're talking about and would gladly stop someone else fkin up..
BTW I'd buy a Tippy b4 I bought one of those cheap electro markers again,@ least they fire straight ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.