Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New hammer 7 - not the most practical of markers but wow

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Well i just looked on Punishers webby for one.
$129.95 + $59.95 Shipping costs = $189.90

http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/saved_calculations/view_details/160243690/

£152.05 :LOL:
That doesn't take into account courier fees on top for paying import vat, so probably add £20 on that
But I disagree on the valuation used for duty
It should be based on the item cost and nothing else so $129.95 = £82.24
(But customs can disagree and revalue, bit would then possibly go for UK prices - but if doing so should deduct vat before adding vat)
20% is £16.45,
Postage/insurance on the link $69.95 = £44.28
82.24+
16.45+
44.28+
=====
£162.97

UK price in demon is £116, or a package deal £155
(Excluding delivery)
But this is a little academic, it was ordered from the us by mistake as was not thought to be available in the uk
And whether something costs a little more or a little less to import UK retailers should be supported
They deal with warranties etc
They come to UK events, provide tech support etc

But all that is a whole different thread which has been raised a number of times

Last edited:

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I've now gone home and tried to make sense of that customs calculator now that I have access to a computer and not just my phone.
That website is flawed and does not take into account the fact that import duty & import VAT are based on item value only (the website adds postage and insurance)
It also missed out courier handling fees when customs charges apply.

My calculation values the item less (by excluding postage/insurance) so my VAT is lower, but I add on the higher expected courier fee of £20, it could end up at £8. Making the overal cost between £155 & £163

It could get through with no extra costs - so final cost would be as paid - in the regiion of $189.90 / £120

It could also be challenged by customs under the VCRA, and either get returned or destroyed.
If returned it may mean a part refund, but will exclude post and possibly not be a full item price refund.

$kippy

Jan 14, 2013
Cambridgeshire
Skippy if you'd be so kind as to post the total paid once its in your hands we will know if it's worth ordering here or there.
I have recieved my hammer 7 some while back but forgot about this thread completley. I've used it on the field and it turns out that one lovley person on here was right and that i hadn't been hit with the tax yet. in the end, to ship from america, it cost about £130. But i'm happy with it, customs didn't pull it to shreds and i love playing with it. my only issue is that i can't find any fecking mags in the UK anywhere, and i would hate to go back to the US again. so atm, it's the hopper.
Also worth noting, Customs popped one of the first strike paintballs included to make sure it wasn't crack or lemmings or whatever you kids smoke these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: H and TRA Headshot