Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

new marker

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
they are actually grand once you get used to holding them. I didn't like them at the start either, but i would have to say now they are a superb little marker, especially for the money.

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
your best bang for buck at the minute would be a 2nd hand pm6 seen some excellent examples all sub £140 posted

if you are going new get a etek2 you really canot go wrong with a eclipse gun

JP's Saucy Nuts

Killing Machine
Jul 13, 2007
Sunny Scunny
Well, I've got a Mini and I sometimes play sup-air. When there I play with DM8s, DM5s Alien Interceptors, PMRs etc. To be honest theres hardly any difference in performance between them, I think efficiency might be one of the main differentiating factors as I seem to be filling up a hell of a lot more than the other guys (I do use a 0.8 3000psi compared to thire larger ones though). Another main difference I pick up on is the overall feel of them. Thats why I'd also say go out and try to have a few shots with some different markers and see what you like. I didn't do this and in hindsight I think I would have been better off maybey saving up a bit more and getting something slightly up market like a P/DM7 etc but I'm still very happy with my Mini.

Lecture over:D

eLLiot-

Planet Eclipze[!]
Dec 19, 2007
If i was you i would go for the ego 5 or 6 which ever, or get a etek 2 off here

But in all fairness if i was you i would get an angel a1 or an angel speed which you can get from 200-350 on here

Opinions also depend on what field you play on and where you go, i go to npf and its a angel sponsored place so nearly everyone uses angel, a few use egos and others use guns such as PM series, DM series and smartparts.

Like I said if you had to pick choose planet eclipse, but if another option would be angel

Skeet

Platinum Member
If i was you i would go for the ego 5 or 6 which ever, or get a etek 2 off here

But in all fairness if i was you i would get an angel a1 or an angel speed which you can get from 200-350 on here

Opinions also depend on what field you play on and where you go, i go to npf and its a angel sponsored place so nearly everyone uses angel, a few use egos and others use guns such as PM series, DM series and smartparts.

Like I said if you had to pick choose planet eclipse, but if another option would be angel
So, if you was him, you would get an Ego 5 or 6 or Etek2, but at the same time, you would get an Angel A1 or Angel Speed.

If you want a reliable, easily Tech'd gun, don't get an Angel!

eLLiot-

Planet Eclipze[!]
Dec 19, 2007
Yes I would get an Ego 5, 6 or an etek 2

and yes another option would be an angel... theres nothing wrong with angels, brilliant guns

Im saying why doesn't he try and shoot either gun or research it, im just giving him options. Angel are reliable just not easily Tech'd

So what would you recommend him?

Skeet

Platinum Member
Yes I would get an Ego 5, 6 or an etek 2

and yes another option would be an angel... theres nothing wrong with angels, brilliant guns

Im saying why doesn't he try and shoot either gun or research it, im just giving him options. Angel are reliable just not easily Tech'd

So what would you recommend him?
My point was, that you have contradicted yourself...quite a bit. You haven't made your self clear really...which means what you have written, could be confusing.

If you want to know what I recommended, read further up.

Also, I give reasons as to why he may or may not want to choose one over another.

Also, Angels are over complicated and difficult to Tech for a first timer.
When they work, they work fine, but...that isn't the whole issue here is it.