Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New Midlands based series.

In my opinion anything new for paintball, is taking it a step forward. If we loose a tourney series then we are taking a step back surely? With Rich being the man he is, i have no doubt that he will succeed with this completely and make it very worth while.

So questioning whether its the right step forward? Well least its an attempt so quit bitching and support it.

purepaintballer

soon to be a gun whore
Feb 20, 2007
lincolnshire
In my opinion anything new for paintball, is taking it a step forward. If we loose a tourney series then we are taking a step back surely? With Rich being the man he is, i have no doubt that he will succeed with this completely and make it very worth while.

So questioning whether its the right step forward? Well least its an attempt so quit bitching and support it.
just beacause you live in the west midlands jord:p

markhamgreg

watching you
Nov 14, 2005
I have sat and viewed this thread and i can't understand what the problem is. From what i see is that the PA is no longer so a Midlands based tournament/league has gone. Rich is simply trying to fill that gap. Stop bitching and moaning and give the guy a shot at it. What i think would be a great idea would be to get all the interested team managers together and hold a meeting like the good old days of the PA and find out what the customer wants from a tournament. When the PA introduced this it was very refreshing an organiser who want to know what you want. Personally i would like to see a similar structure to the PA in the early days. Super quick turnarounds, a nice pitch to play on, a professional feel to the tournament, a locked tournament, a locked roster, the morning and afternoon sessions were great, and most importantly good unbaised refs. Training refs and introducing a pay scale for them was a good idea too, giving them something to work up too.

my 2 pence

PreacherMan

Like a moth to the flame
Nov 2, 2006
Midlands
Someone needed to fill the gap left by the PA, so I welcome rich's actions and wish him the best for getting it up and running.

Lets hope their can be more dialog between tournement organisers, especially on dates for their events. If our team can't make one event it would be nice to know their may be another you could go to.

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
if any team manager/captain who is looking to play this league could get in touch with rich either via these forums, the mean machine forums (www.gb-paintball.co.uk/forum/) or via phone. he does want input on what people wish to play and i think hes already stated this either earlier on in this thread or in a previous thread. many thnx

B

Balls Out Promotions

Update

Thank you to everyone who has contributed on this topic so far. Given that we are trying to develop a paintball series which represents good value without compromise of venue and facilities, it is important we get your input.

To reassure you that we are trying to develop a series which takes into account the views and wishes of players, other event organisers and product companies, we would like to tell you the facts to date.

1. We have secured a venue in Penkridge in the West Midlands for this year and next.

2. We plan to run at least two events this year and a full series (number of events to be confirmed) next year.

3. We are in the process of contacting other event organisers to see if it is possible to agree a mutually agreeable way forward.

4. We are talking to product companies to agree an approach which is attractive to them (to get them at the events to support the players)

5. We invite nominations from teams to act as a voice for the players in helping us implement a successful series which delivers to the players needs.

6. This series is not the main source of income for those organising it and as such we are more interested in creating something great rather than making a living. Obviously we will not run the series at a loss but likewise we will be seeking to offer real value (reduced costs) particularly in the current climate.

7. We will not compromise on safety, facilities, security or service - sounds like a cliche and maybe it is but we are enthusiastic about helping to improve the UK tournament scene.

8. We will have prizes for winning teams

9. We will not be confirming dates, prices or prizes etc. until we have spoken to all interested parties.

10. We will communicate what is happening as soon as we are able

11. We are 100% committed to doing this the right way; if we can't provide what the players and product companies require we will not go forward. For those of you who may seem this as some form of threat, please don't. Put simply, we will try and get this right once; putting into it a lot of time, energy and I dare say money to see if we can help to revitalise the UK tournament scene.

12. We don't see ourselves as the salvation of UK balling in anyway shape or form but we want to play our part.

13. We don't know everything nor are we the worlds hottest balling talent that is why we are eager for your input. That said, we have been around for a while!

14. We will be holding an open day for those nominated by their teams to provide input, product suppliers and other series organisers to discuss our plans etc. (date to be announced)

Thats all for now

Thanks

RICH HARRIS

The legend limps on
Nov 18, 2002
Living on the edge, often bouncing on a ledge
As an update, Ive just come off phone from Wendy. We had a real productive, positive chat and bounced round a few ideas. We both have the same goal to see uk tournie ball flourish again so we are looking forward to working towards achieving these goals. We have already agreed in principal to hold our event 2 weeks apart from the UKM events up at Ancaster. :)

Personally I am very excited to be working along side the UKM crew to try and make things better for the UK. We will be having a proper meeting in the near future to put forward some other ideas, so watch the relavent spaces.:cool:

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk

Boys, take your blinkers off
Never have I stated that I do not support what Rich is doing.
Just because I ain't Robbo does not mean that I cannot question the concept?