Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New Millennium compliant boards

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
How did you guy's get your boards flashed at malaga?

-James
New boards arrived later on on the Thurs or Fri I do believe.

Before they arrived, Dye were flashing existing boards or switching ours for pre-flashed ones... etc Who knows what the tech fairies do in their magic tent ;) :D

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Yes, unless you wish to play in the wrong mode and risk penalties and/or the gun being banned.
I have a PM7 with UL frame. Is it compliant with the new Millenium ruling? The chance of me ever playing the Millenium series is very low but I do play events which use the millenium rules and the firing mode as a basis.

Do I need to buy a new board? And if so will they be for the £10 offered for stock PM's?

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Thanks Beaker.

Hopefully Ash can confirm I can get a new board for my ul frame at the same rate?

In the meantime can someone shed some light on the current legality of the old millenium mode.

OLD
7.5bps to achieve ramping, whereas 7.5bps must be maintained. Ramping capped at 12bps. Once trigger is released only one additional ball may leave the marker.

NEW
3 shots at 'true semi', then 6bps to achieve ramping, whereas 6bps must be maintained. Ramping capped at 12bps. If 6bps is acheived within one second of last trigger pull, ramping will continue. Once trigger is released only one additional ball may leave the marker.

Is that correct gents?

In the old mode hopefully I'm correct in reading this but my first 7(.5) shots will be at semi, and then ramping kicks in. So am I right in saying that the old mode is legal, but you are playing at a disadvantage as to how quickly you can acheive ramping, and then obviously keep it ramping.

So is it legal to play old millenium with ROF capped at 12bps? If not can someone explain the difference?

Thanks....

Ash - GI Sportz

GI Sportz
Jun 14, 2006
GI Towers
PM7 UL frame boards with newest millennium com;liant software etc, £10 delivered.

Corrected your text below...

OLD
7.5bps to achieve ramping, whereas 7.5bps must be maintained. Ramping capped at 15bps. Once trigger is released only one additional ball may leave the marker.

NEW
3 shots at 'true semi', then 6bps to achieve ramping, whereas 6bps must be maintained. Ramping capped at 12bps. If 6bps is acheived within one second of last trigger pull, ramping will continue. Once trigger is released only one additional ball may leave the marker.

That is correct gents.

In the old mode hopefully I'm correct in reading this but my first 7(.5) shots will be at semi, and then ramping kicks in. So am I right in saying that the old mode is legal, but you are playing at a disadvantage as to how quickly you can acheive ramping, and then obviously keep it ramping.
-Ramping will kick is as soon as the RoF is equivalent to 7.5 bps, so if the first 2 shots are at 0.13333333 seconds apart (or less) ramping will kick in immediately...

So is it legal to play old millenium with ROF capped at 12bps? If not can someone explain the difference?
-Old mode is not legal as there are no 'safety shots'... and if you did, you would be dis-advantaged (all be it by a tiny margin) as the ramping kicks in at a higher RoF

Ash

J

Jeff Abbott - Dye

The reason they changed it is that you could get 7.5 bps between the first and second shot on the old mode, so the marker would ramp almost instantly. With the new rule you have to shoot 3 semi shots before you can start the ramp by reaching 6bps between the 3rd and 4th shot. The original rule was not written well, so they had to make the change.

That is why the old mode is illegal even if you cap the old mode to 12bps.

keka

PM7 UL frame boards with newest millennium com;liant software etc, £10 delivered.

Corrected your text below...

OLD
7.5bps to achieve ramping, whereas 7.5bps must be maintained. Ramping capped at 15bps. Once trigger is released only one additional ball may leave the marker.

NEW

That is correct gents.

-Ramping will kick is as soon as the RoF is equivalent to 7.5 bps, so if the first 2 shots are at 0.13333333 seconds apart (or less) ramping will kick in immediately...

-Old mode is not legal as there are no 'safety shots'... and if you did, you would be dis-advantaged (all be it by a tiny margin) as the ramping kicks in at a higher RoF

Ash