Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New Millennium Series Rules

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
need to get hold of Tank for an exit
Apart from the obvious error in section 3.7 regarding whether or not players can move up or down

3.7 In each season players can move as many times as they want inside their own category. Out of their category players can move up or down as many times as they want. If a player has moved down once, he cannot move up again, he will have to stay in that category for the rest of the season.
which I think should be worded as:

In each season players can move as many times as they want inside their own category. Out of their category players can move up as many times as they want. If a player has moved up once, he cannot move down again, he will have to stay in that category for the rest of the season.
(my changes in bold for slightly easier spotting of the changes).

I have to say that I am quite happy with the fact that I'm now allowed to use a hopper with different colours for each side.

There has obviously been some effort put into the rules to make them a little more "plain english" than before, with good explanations of things such as the judges test for trigger bouncing.

Although I don't like the fact that spectators can't take photo's/videos of the games (rule 6.8) - that to me seems to be a rule aimed at protecting commercil interests rather than making the tournament and the series a better experience for players/spectators.

Also, you have to question the timing of the rules release - the .pdf document was created AFTER Portsmouth Uni team departed for Germany, hopefully copies of the rules will be given out to every team captain, so that people have half a chance to learn some of the rules.

Andy

F*ck Those Guys
Jul 6, 2001
12.3 Stickers on every equipement fixed to the marker(12) as the marker itself are allowed in any colour excluding protected paint
colours orange and pink.(12) Loaders, hoppers, feed devices, air systems..

so now we can have more then one sticker on each side of the hopper then

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Theres a few other contradictions as well.

14.3 allows you to surrender by shouting out/hit/eliminated and 27.7 says you are eliminated if you do.
But 27.9 says you elminated players can't talk and the note says that includes saying out/hit/eliminated.

And it says you can wear a tshirt under a DYE jersey as long as it does not cover the shoulders :) I kinda thought Tshirts by definition cover your shoulders!

But overall great improvement and a workable, easy to read set of rules. And the fact they took on the p8ntballer trigger test just rocks :cool:

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by Beaker
Theres a few other contradictions as well.

14.3 allows you to surrender by shouting out/hit/eliminated and 27.7 says you are eliminated if you do.
But 27.9 says you elminated players can't talk and the note says that includes saying out/hit/eliminated.

And it says you can wear a tshirt under a DYE jersey as long as it does not cover the shoulders :) I kinda thought Tshirts by definition cover your shoulders!

But overall great improvement and a workable, easy to read set of rules. And the fact they took on the p8ntballer trigger test just rocks :cool:
Guys, you're killing me. Keep 'em coming. Perhaps if y'all list the "errors" in the new rules they can be "corrected" sometime before the next millennium. ;)
So if you violate 27.9 after you're eliminated by saying "hit" what happens? They pull you outta your next game too?:rolleyes:

Minnow

Jul 7, 2001
Guernsey CI
11.4 Any Marker which can be made to fire without applying a force external to the marker directly to the trigger is illegal.

What on earth is that trying to stop ? Does that mean that I can no longer use my firing technique of keeping my finger still and pushing my marker back and forth ? Oh hold on you can do that on all markers !!

11.11 Any players team whose marker marker outrages the one-pull-one shot rule will receive a 200 point penalty.

Bad English .. and a bit stiff on the penalty points. IF your one of the front runner teams this litteraly puts you out of the tournament when the cause could actually be some form of malfunction, broken switch etc

Has post game chronographing been removed now ? I can not see any reference to it at all ? (it was probably removed some time ago as I haven't read the rules for some time !!)

If a marker is found to be illegal (more than one shot per pull) as defined in 11.11 at the pre-game chronographing, which penalty will be applied ? 11.11 or will the player be able to go on without a marker and not get penalty pointed (17.5)? IF the answer is the latter then personally I would get the marshall to test each of my player's markers prior to entering the field to ensure that we do not get a 200 point penalty . Well at least we would have a pretty good arguement against it.

I personally think that the testing methods in the footnote on page 9 are flawed and have been written into the rules a little quickly. I think it would have been better to get someone with a little more technical knowledge involved, some one like Jack Woods etc.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Originally posted by Minnow
11.4 Any Marker which can be made to fire without applying a force external to the marker directly to the trigger is illegal.

What on earth is that trying to stop ? Does that mean that I can no longer use my firing technique of keeping my finger still and pushing my marker back and forth ? Oh hold on you can do that on all markers !!

Nope, in your example you are still applying a force directly to the trigger, so that's allowed. It's to prevent guns that have hair triggers that can be fired just by knocking the gun and not touching the trigger at all. It's more a safety thing if anything else.

11.11 Any players team whose marker marker outrages the one-pull-one shot rule will receive a 200 point penalty.

Bad English .. and a bit stiff on the penalty points. IF your one of the front runner teams this litteraly puts you out of the tournament when the cause could actually be some form of malfunction, broken switch etc
Before it was having the player removed for the entire duration of the tournament, it's harsh agreed but hey, if the rules clearly state the testing procedure and you are outside it then I can't see a problem.

Has post game chronographing been removed now ? I can not see any reference to it at all ? (it was probably removed some time ago as I haven't read the rules for some time !!)
Been removed for a year :)

If a marker is found to be illegal (more than one shot per pull) as defined in 11.11 at the pre-game chronographing, which penalty will be applied ? 11.11 or will the player be able to go on without a marker and not get penalty pointed (17.5)? IF the answer is the latter then personally I would get the marshall to test each of my player's markers prior to entering the field to ensure that we do not get a 200 point penalty . Well at least we would have a pretty good arguement against it.
Agreed this doesn't make sense, but I believe that if a marker is tested before a game and fails it's just not allowed on the field, and penalties are only assesed if it's caught during/after a game.

And I don't see how testing before a game would help you, if you gun is illegal after, it's illegal, the fact it was OK before don't mean jack. It's like chronoing before the game, you don't get out of hot gun penalties if it's chrono'd after the game just because it was clean on - it doesn't matter at all.

Y2chris99

pbnation 4 lyfe
May 2, 2002
Norbook Massive
Visit site
I think what this means is you can say it but as soon as you say it you are then considered out and can then not saying anything so you cant say out again if they didnt hear.

Minnow

Jul 7, 2001
Guernsey CI
Beaker,

in my quoted example I am not applying a force 'directly' to the trigger as quoted in the rules ! If you read the thread 'will this make a joke of the millenium' you will see what I am getting at.

If you are saying that my example of how I shoot my marker (which I don't really !!) is legal then you are also saying that trigger bounce is legal !!

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
I know what you are trying to get at, but you seem to suggest that by moving the gun against a stationary finger you aren't applying an external force directly to the trigger when you are! Therefore that "technique" does fall within that specific rule. As, like I said, that rule is basically to stop hair triggers - which is a safety issue more than anything.

I've already read your posts in the other thread but I feel you are missing the point of that debate - it was about finding an easy to follow, step by step testing procedure so that 95% of dodgy guns can be quickly and easily found, plus give players a set of rules they can easily work out if they fall within. Sure, there will be some guns which aren't "found out" and situations you can say don't fit - but that will always be the case when the testing is goverened by human hands and time is limited.

Give me some time and a set of allen keys with just about any electro and I can set the trigger up in such a way that it will fall foul of that testing procedure, but I can equally easily set the trigger up in such a way that it doesn't, and that way players know exactly where they stand, which is kinda the idea of rules in the first place :).

Minnow

Jul 7, 2001
Guernsey CI
Beaker,

I think you'll find the thread started by asking to get rid of the rule governing trigger bounce not to ask for a set of testing procedures.

I've just read the later part of the thread after the testing procedure was suggested and a grand total of 4 people thought it was a good idea ! - although no one objected until it was too late.

It seems absurd that a discussion thread started on 28th March regarding trigger bounce can result in new rules written by the middle of April.

I agree that it is a step in the right direction (very little step) as there is a rule that every player can work with however (for me anyway) I hate rules that are not Balck or White, they are open to interpretation or arguement.

If 11.4 is to outlaw hairline triggers then surely something along the lines of the following would be more fitting :

A trigger will not be allowed to have a movement less than x mm when measured perpendicular to the pivot point at a distance of x mm down the trigger.

A trigger must have a return force sufficient to return the trigger to it's forward stop point.

The above is very clear and you are either within those limits or outside.

Also quoting figures (95% success ratio for the new test procedures) is misleading, has anyone actually proven this or is that the perceived success ratio ?

I have the easy side of the arguement (pointing out that the rule is not perfect) however I do not think that we need to get defensive over the rules. The new rules are the BEST possible taking into consideration the resorces and time available at these tournaments and the short amount of time that the new rules / procedures were developed over.

This is an area that I think requires further discussion and better clarity for the future.

Agreeing to disagree,
Minnow