Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New Player looking for Help

Danny McGovern

Apr 7, 2015
I am 14 years and old and live in the Salisbury region. I think I am quite good at paintball and want to play more. For example, I went today to Delta Force and captured the flag within 2 minutes. I like getting aggressive. I have heard about the Salisbury Cardinals (I have a friend who does it. He's called Myles) I don't really know anything about them - or speedball. Anyone help me? And I also am maybe looking to buy gear.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
I am 14 years and old and live in the Salisbury region. I think I am quite good at paintball and want to play more. For example, I went today to Delta Force and captured the flag within 2 minutes. I like getting aggressive. I have heard about the Salisbury Cardinals (I have a friend who does it. He's called Myles) I don't really know anything about them - or speedball. Anyone help me? And I also am maybe looking to buy gear.
hey welcome to the forum, glad you had a blast out playing. if its something you can actually have the dedication to get involved in from a young age then you'll be glad you did it.

first you need to decide what kind of paintball you actually want to play. If its small woodland games like today then a local walk on at an independent site would be your best place to start, otherwise if you want to start playing tournaments then getting in touch with a local team is the next step.
You'll need to at least buy a mask first of all, its the best thing to buy and if you get one with a dual pane thermal lense it will make any game of paintball more enjoyable since you won't fog up. After that, buy bits and pieces as you go, borrow what you can from others if possible and work out what style of paintball you want to play.

simply i'd say that woodsball/scenario games is the most 'value for money' as you'll get a lot of playing time. tournament paintball is more expensive but i would say offers the most intense style and biggest adrenaline rush! it comes at a steep cost however.

Danny McGovern

Apr 7, 2015
hey welcome to the forum, glad you had a blast out playing. if its something you can actually have the dedication to get involved in from a young age then you'll be glad you did it.

first you need to decide what kind of paintball you actually want to play. If its small woodland games like today then a local walk on at an independent site would be your best place to start, otherwise if you want to start playing tournaments then getting in touch with a local team is the next step.
You'll need to at least buy a mask first of all, its the best thing to buy and if you get one with a dual pane thermal lense it will make any game of paintball more enjoyable since you won't fog up. After that, buy bits and pieces as you go, borrow what you can from others if possible and work out what style of paintball you want to play.

simply i'd say that woodsball/scenario games is the most 'value for money' as you'll get a lot of playing time. tournament paintball is more expensive but i would say offers the most intense style and biggest adrenaline rush! it comes at a steep cost however.
Ok thanks so much :) . Would you say Speedball is good? And is a Hopper or like trousers more important after the mask?

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Ok thanks so much :) . Would you say Speedball is good? And is a Hopper or like trousers more important after the mask?
For me I'd say it's my favourite by far, but everyone has their own taste So just go out and try to get to a few local walk ons, a big scenario event and maybe a small tournament and try everything to see what you like!
personally my order of buying things if on a budget would be mask>pack>loader>trousers/jersey/pads>tank>gun

If you can borrow a full gun setup then leave the loader until last. Would also recommend buying yourself a squeegie for cleaning out gun barrels as soon as possible. Its the least expensive thing but will do the most to improve your accuracy if borrowing a dirty site gun or if the gun you borrow breaks paint.