The Home Of European Paintball

New player wondering about pods

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Personal opinion really

In the last couple of years I’ve gone over to lock lids whilst the majority seem to have gone away from them

For pods on a functional basis, the standard fat boy pod is spot on.
If you watch a tournament field then that’s what you will see (though to a degree as they dump them to be picked up later then that can be accounted for with the risk of loss, plus the expense to a team of having a pit crew keeping enough pods ready filled for 5 people to get back on field quickly)

Lock lids lock, but there are people who can still spill their paint from a lock lid behind their back

They can hold more per realise due to the dimples, but are you really going to plan on going right down on paint? you will see players pouring half a pod in and having half left - so they either spill it or are left holding a half full pod

They may not fit all pod belts, or are tight and difficult to pull out - therefore at more risk of popping open and wasting paint

Reactions: Oliver

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
They are good pods. I have had packs that they will and wont fit in to before so you have to be a bit careful with matching them to packs. Buy them second hand if you really want them, someone always seems to be selling them somewhere.

Reactions: Oliver

Oliver

Mar 10, 2019
West Midlands
They are good pods. I have had packs that they will and wont fit in to before so you have to be a bit careful with matching them to packs. Buy them second hand if you really want them, someone always seems to be selling them somewhere.
So should I check to see if they fit my pack before buying

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
I have issues with lock lids and those packs. They wont fit in my old gi pack and will fit in most of my new gi pack :(

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
They fit in the velcro only pockets fine but are very stiff to insert and be removed from the standard pod holders. I use cheap valken pods in mine and they are superb.

Last edited: