Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New player

Dean Stanley

DStan
Jan 12, 2019
Congleton
would you guys say it’a better to jump into speedball or play a few games of rec first? I’ve got the gear to rec but speedball looks too damn fun

Last edited:
Reactions: G4z

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
honestly, there's no right or wrong way other that what suits you. Most 'speedball' player I've known either cut their teeth in rec or woodsball, or enjoy going back and having a laugh there, (caveat I'm old and back then that's all there was :p). SupAir games are short, fast and bloody good fun IMO, but they're not for everyone, some players just want to play rec ball and the competitive type games don't work for them.

if you've got the gear to play airball then I assume you've played enough times to be serious about paintball, so why not give both a go and see where you fit? Nothing says you have to do one of the other, most of my current teammates do both (though training and CPPS win over rec ball for me right now)

Go have fun where you can, that's about all that matters

Reactions: mikey1975

Dean Stanley

DStan
Jan 12, 2019
Congleton
honestly, there's no right or wrong way other that what suits you. Most 'speedball' player I've known either cut their teeth in rec or woodsball, or enjoy going back and having a laugh there, (caveat I'm old and back then that's all there was :p). SupAir games are short, fast and bloody good fun IMO, but they're not for everyone, some players just want to play rec ball and the competitive type games don't work for them.

if you've got the gear to play airball then I assume you've played enough times to be serious about paintball, so why not give both a go and see where you fit? Nothing says you have to do one of the other, most of my current teammates do both (though training and CPPS win over rec ball for me right now)

Go have fun where you can, that's about all that matters
Yeah I’ve got a Emek 100 but I do wanna dabble into the speedball, which I know is electrical. But having that Emek will give me the chance to walk on and give that taste of paintball again.