Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New players.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
You might also want to consider padded jerseys instead of a bounce more for you than the wife as bit cooler but still takes the sting out the hit.
For the moment I wouldn't bother

It's far too early to decide on the path you want to take
Buy the minimum amount of gear, play some games, both checking out other people's gear (we all love showing off our kit and saying why it's the best thing since the last best thing) and checking out the wider world of paintball - walkons, events, tournaments, scenarios etc etc

In my early days of discovering walkons I bought a jersey (very cheap in the bargain bin at Phoenix) partly so I would 'fit in' with the speedballers of the walkons, but wore it no more than twice. I wanted to wear what I wanted and felt good to me, not to follow the crowd
Since then I gave away the jersey, mainly played in t shirts, picked up some old school jerseys on the way and now have 2 modern jerseys - a practice one that I was given after it was used as a sampler and a team jersey

Depending on jersey options they may be preferred then a bounce vest. I have one but don't regularly use it (I photographed the super5ives in just a media wife beater style tank top - (I'm well hard and agg! Or I was hot and it was more comfortable, and I also actually enjoy the 'danger' of getting shot)

You will soon get to know what style of paintball is for you. Then start spending the money

Reactions: Care_Bears

TNT_UK

TNT_UK
Apr 18, 2015
Welcome,

I did some research on bounce vests/chest protectors, before I invested. It all depends on what you want. I.e for the paintballs to bounce, or to protect you from pain. Hustle paintball did a good comparison video. It is a few years old now, but is still informative, as the technology has not really moved on. I have cut and pasted the You tube link below.

snips

Feb 25, 2015
I usethis JT Jersey.
http://www.store.justpaintball.co.uk/paintball-deals-and-special-offers/jt-fx2-jersey.html

I have a size that fits ie it's not baggy, the chest padding protects the top of my chest so a size too big might bring the padding further down. It has padding all along the shoulder and back and down the arms .With this I don't wear a bounce vest, elbow padds or gloves, it's a good cheap option to start with.
Admittedly the padding on the arms isn't enough to super dive every where but it's enough to crawl around on .I wear nothing under it so it's cool with just enough padding to take the sting off .
Just my suggestion .

Maris

Jan 9, 2015
Rotherham
I have set my mind on Planet eclipse Hde pants and jersey, sen couple reviews. Now just need to get somewhere to tray them on, maybe something else will look better.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Which area are you, we can point you to the nearest ish local shop.

Or cpps at penkridge staffs, will have trade stands in sure. Tournaments are once a month

Or campaign cup Basildon THIS WEEKEND will have everything available to buy.

Tommikka said it best. Better to wing it for a few days out and wait to spend any money. You will probably save lots of re-buying that way :)

Maris

Jan 9, 2015
Rotherham
I'm from Rotherham, nearest what I now is in Sheffield, but I don't now what they got in. At this moment I want to tray some stuff and see how it sits on.
Are you guys/girls thinking that I could go wrong with Planet eclipse Hde pants?

smudgerebt

Rockin VIP Cocker, So-Manc E1, LV1
Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
Car or train down to stockport if you can.

Shop has lots of different trousers, tops, packs, masks and of course markers.

They do stock hde (its where i got all my hde inc lv1) and can try it on.

I also have empire but prefer the fit of the hde over them.

Maris

Jan 9, 2015
Rotherham
Update - we've been on our first walk on in Skirmish Nottingham, very nice place, good games and people. I decided that for next game I will buy padded jersey and for wife some protection shorts :D Later on will get some trousers as well.. Thanks everyone for help.

Reactions: Bolter