Votes: 195 76.2%

Votes: 61 23.8%

• Total voters

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Hoki koki.

Thank you for explaining the more intimate bits (and answering my original questions).

In case anyone else missed it - I was trying to find out if 12bps was policeable for a 'normal' ref. Now I know it is - assuming they have access to the right equipment.

I can sleep soundly now ;).

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
we still see Fatty McFat-a-lot with his gut full of pots
Actually, that breed of player is extremely rare now a days - even in the lowest division. - Mind you, we are talking MS here.

This issue can be spinned any way we like Jay - another way would be saying that lower ROF means more missed targets, meaning longer games and higher paint consumption.... or that lower ROF means greater focus on accuracy, thus quicker kills and lower consumption - and so on ;)

I'll grant you might see a drop in paint consumption overall, but I think it is insignificant to a degree of not being a factor.

Nick

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Let's agree to disagree then. :)

Like I said, I see where you are coming from (and I'm sure you see where I'm coming from, but you're just too Danish to admit it*), but until something like this becomes a reality (which I won't see happening for the simple reason that a lot of suppliers will think that lower ROF = lower paint sales, even if that reasoning is flawed) all we are doing is theorizing.
I wouldn't be surprised if reality turned out to be something that makes both of us go "Well, I didn't expect THAT to happen." :D

*The too Danish remark refers to my dog, which is a Great Dane (you've met Mo, haven't you Nick?). Whenever he doesn't agree with you, he can look at you like you are f*cking nuts... So all Danish visitors to this board, calm down. ;)

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
Yeah - your dog is cool - ofcourse... being a Dane ;)

I wonder how much paint a supplier sells at an event - would be interesting too calculate how much it potentially costs to lower ROF (provided you are right, which you are not :p)

Might be that if the amount it would cost is fairly small, that worry could be easily covered by a slightly lower cost for sponsoring the series.

Nick

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Nick,

I must admit that I have been wondering how much paint gets sold at an event. I do know that some of the prices that companies have to pay to have a stand at an event are, shall we say, somewhat steepish. A lot of extra income is generated by the event organisers that way. While the largest part of their income comes from entry fees, I do know that many promoters get VERY frustrated if they don't get much response from possible vendors. It is after all extra money for them.

Let's say you are right (Haha! My dog is never right and like you said, you are both Danes. Though I'll grant you that your lot did a decent job at the pastries ;)), good luck convincing the promoters to lower their prices for standspace/sponsorship. Even if it makes sense, it's the same as trying to convince a Catholic that maybe the Jews are right. :D

Still, fun debate. Nothing wrong with swapping ideas.

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
I must admit that I have been wondering how much paint gets sold at an event. I do know that some of the prices that companies have to pay to have a stand at an event are, shall we say, somewhat steepish.
LOL.

I really don't know how some vendors still turn a profit once everything has been factored in.

Paint/ROF - I think the mere perception that lowering ROF leads to less paint consumption is enough to put a bad taste in the mouth of certain people, regardless of what the reality might/could be.