Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New service: Username Change!

admin

Administrator
Jul 2, 2001
Every week here on P8nt we get 5-6 people asking to change usernames for a variety of reasons, be it a change in sponsor, a change in team, or simply wanting to have something updated.

Previously this meant emailing or pming a mod or admin, waiting for a reply, deciding if the admin or mod would allow it and waiting for it to happen.

However, today we make this much simpler with the release of our Username Change service!

For a small fee of just £3 you can now change your own username. (Limit 1 change per 90 days)

Additionally, Platinum Lifetime Members gain access to this service for free!

How to use the Username Change service (If not a Lifetime Plat).

change1.png

• Purchase the Username Change Account Upgrade. Please note, the ability to change username will only stay on your account for 24 hours. After this period, if you have not changed your username you will need to re-purchase the upgrade.

change2.png

change3.png

• At the bottom left hand side, select the Username Change option.

change4.png

• When the page has loaded, enter your new desired username and select save.

change5.png

• Congratulations! Your new username will now be in effect. In order so people can keep track of any changed usernames, once a user has changed their name a new tab will appear on their profile page listing the changes to their username.

change6.png

How to use the Username Change service (Lifetime Plat).

change3.png

• At the bottom left hand side, select the Username Change option.

change4.png

• When the page has loaded, enter your new desired username and select save.

change5.png

• Congratulations! Your new username will now be in effect. In order so people can keep track of any changed usernames, once a user has changed their name a new tab will appear on their profile page listing the changes to their username.

change6.png

Frequently asked questions
Q) How often can I change my username?
A) Once every 90 days

Q) What if I changed my mind? Can you change it back?
A) No. Make sure you are 100% sure of your change before doing it. Once changed you will need to wait 90 days to change it to something else.

Q) How long do I get to change my username?
A) Once the upgrade has been purchased it must be used within 24 hours otherwise you will lose the ability to change your username. This does not apply to Lifetime Platinum Members.

Q) Does that mean my username only changes for 24 hours?
A) No. Any username changes that are done within the previously mentioned 24 hour window are permanent.

Q) So once i've changed my username it stays forever?
A) Yes, unless you change it again after the 90 day period has passed.

Q) What happens if I purchase another name change before the 90 day period?
A) You will be unable to change your username and the upgrade will be wasted.

Jim Jam

Dusty's #1 Fan!
Jan 4, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
Great idea! (y)
Every week here on P8nt we get 5-6 people asking to change usernames for a variety of reasons, be it a change in sponsor, a change in team, or simply wanting to have something updated.

Previously this meant emailing or pming a mod or admin, waiting for a reply, deciding if the admin or mod would allow it and waiting for it to happen.

However, today we make this much simpler with the release of our Username Change service!

For a small fee of just £3 you can now change your own username. (Limit 1 change per 90 days)

Additionally, Platinum Lifetime Members gain access to this service for free!

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
This is a good idea, however, is there any way that admin or mods will monitor this procees ?? The only reason I ask is if there is a "Dodgy" type of character on here that users may have decided to not trade with, with a name change this goes out the window.

Unless you have already thought of this, would it be feasible to say make a link in say the signature at the bottom that would say something like - "NEW USER NAME - Changed from (OLD USER NAME) on Date" ?? or "Previously known as OLD USER NAME" ??

This may have already been covered but just wanted to highlight this as could be an issue !!

Thanks

Jethro Q. Walrus-Titty - Previously known as Phil-boy ;)

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Only one change is allowed per month and it will show on the users profile :) links to feedback threads etc will still be valid :)

Adrenochrome

da puffmeister
Jul 12, 2001
surrey
I like this but would pay twice as much to be able to change others peoples names... just for clarity you understand removing txt stuff etc.

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
the only person who is not allowed to change their name is Super Tit. Because it makes me laugh whenever I see it, along with his avatar.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
I've decided that, for August, I want to have the user name Fish Mitten. OK with the mods?

I actually know someone from Denmark called that. He lives in Legoland.