Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

new shocker!

rental

DCF 4 LIFE
Jul 12, 2005
in a hole!!
Visit site
I would ask why. However looking at your sig, you obviously own 2 weapons of choice!

I seriously feel that Smart Parts need a new platform, rather than re-vamping a 3 year old design. It wont sell I will bet my right nut on it!
New platform, why change a proven design. Look at ford they improve the performance of the fiesta, Mondeo and even the transit every year using the same chassis. This is the same as with paintball markers. Planet eclipse have a marker they consider proven and sells well, this being the ego, how many times have I seen 06, or 07 behind an advertised ego or even a Timmy.

The shocker is a proven design, with SP increasing its performance every day and offered free upgrades in the past years to distribute these developments to everyone of there shocker that had already been sold.

I loved my strange shocker, it was a one off design which I thought SP would never top, but the Russian legion Shocker is Pimp and I wish I had the cash to buy one.

I can’t wait to see what they will do next, with the shocker but I’m sure it can only get better.

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
Yes....the cheeky sod does own it :rolleyes: :D You actually had a chance to play with it yet? Thoughts...feelings...mini review p'haps?
Not had a chance to give it a full going over yet. I think the first chance I will have will be at the next NSPL in Reading.

The thing I really love about it at the moment is just the feel of it. I was not sure how the new style front reg would be but it is fantastic.

I am on holiday at the moment but when I get back I will try and get some decent pics of it up :)

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
Not had a chance to give it a full going over yet. I think the first chance I will have will be at the next NSPL in Reading.

The thing I really love about it at the moment is just the feel of it. I was not sure how the new style front reg would be but it is fantastic.

I am on holiday at the moment but when I get back I will try and get some decent pics of it up :)
Well its good to be john at the moment...on holiday...new shocker.....jeesh :D :D

New platform, why change a proven design. Look at ford they improve the performance of the fiesta, Mondeo and even the transit every year using the same chassis. This is the same as with paintball markers. Planet eclipse have a marker they consider proven and sells well, this being the ego, how many times have I seen 06, or 07 behind an advertised ego or even a Timmy.

The shocker is a proven design, with SP increasing its performance every day and offered free upgrades in the past years to distribute these developments to everyone of there shocker that had already been sold.

I loved my strange shocker, it was a one off design which I thought SP would never top, but the Russian legion Shocker is Pimp and I wish I had the cash to buy one.

I can’t wait to see what they will do next, with the shocker but I’m sure it can only get better.
Please do not get me wrong. The shocker is a great marker and will be a talking point of paintball history to come.

I do feel however, that it has evolved to the max. All that this model has to shout about is the extensive milling / breakbeam eyes / re-designed reg.

Ask your average 'Ion Owner' what he would rather own. An 06 ego, or an 07 shocker and I know the reponse that 80% would give.

I would disagree that the Shocker is a proven design. That would indicate that it has no reliability issues which we all know they do.

I just feel the Shocker needs replacing with something new.

rental

DCF 4 LIFE
Jul 12, 2005
in a hole!!
Visit site
Please do not get me wrong. The shocker is a great marker and will be a talking point of paintball history to come.

I do feel however, that it has evolved to the max. All that this model has to shout about is the extensive milling / breakbeam eyes / re-designed reg.

I would disagree that the Shocker is a proven design. That would indicate that it has no reliability issues which we all know they do.
I understand, but thank the lord that you are not an engineer within the paintball industry, because I would have to say, you may definitely be out of a job.

So as an unproven design, it wasn’t used by the Philly’s to win the NXL. It wasn’t used by dynasty to win the NPPL amongst other things, last year. Oh and the Kelly’s weren’t using shockers to win Div 1 at Campaign. I must be mistaken.

I honestly believe when the shocker, along with the ego, become a part of paintball history I will have been laying in my grave, a very long time.

I understand, but thank the lord that you are not an engineer within the paintball industry, because I would have to say, you may definitely be out of a job.

So as an unproven design, it wasn’t used by the Philly’s to win the NXL. It wasn’t used by dynasty to win the NPPL amongst other things, last year. Oh and the Kelly’s weren’t using shockers to win Div 1 at Campaign. I must be mistaken.

I honestly believe when the shocker, along with the ego, become a part of paintball history I will have been laying in my grave, a very long time.
Forgive my ignorance, but my undersatnding of a proven design 'in engineering terms'

Something that is proven beyond doubt. i.e reliable

Just because teams have won with it, does not mean it is proven. If the Phillies shot dm's I am sure they would have still won the NXL. Likewise if the Dynasty boys used borgs they would have still one the NPPL. The team members won these events not the gats that they are using.

When I see shockers going down as often as girlies at a knockin shop, that tells me that they are not proven.

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
It comes down to personal choice. A BMW M3 costs about 40 grand new but is only a tiny bit slower than a Top of the range supercar which cost 100 grand and alot higher.

If you have the money spare! spend it on whatever you want!!!! I wanted a RL shocker so I got one and it is definately nicer than my old upped shocker!