Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

new shocker!

rental

DCF 4 LIFE
Jul 12, 2005
in a hole!!
Visit site
Forgive my ignorance, but my undersatnding of a proven design 'in engineering terms'

Something that is proven beyond doubt. i.e reliable

Just because teams have won with it, does not mean it is proven. If the Phillies shot dm's I am sure they would have still won the NXL. Likewise if the Dynasty boys used borgs they would have still one the NPPL. The team members won these events not the gats that they are using.

When I see shockers going down as often as girlies at a knockin shop, that tells me that they are not proven.
I forgive you for your ignorance.

If we are now going to compare the shocker with such products as a DM or a proto matrix I wish to bring up the service requirements that are in the instructions of these markers. I do believe it states in the Manual that Dm's and proto matrix's need to be serviced by a trained person after 6000 balls, let alone you ask any Dm or proto owner how many times they are required to take the gun apart to clean and lube the bolt.

Now in terms of proven, reliability it doesn’t say much for the markers themselves if every night you have to take you gun to bits to re-lubricate every part of it to avoid chopping paint. I don’t know about most other shocker owners, but the internals on my shockers are lucky to see the light of day once a month and I must shoot over 12000 balls a week. So if we do the maths that’s, close to 48000 balls a month and then, I might consider giving it a clean.

Might this satisfy your unique engineering term?

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
To be fair I think most people lube there shocker bolt especially quite regularly, I do. Otherwise but as long as that basic maintainence is done then it runs sweet as a nut!!

If we are now going to compare the shocker with such products as a DM or a proto matrix I wish to bring up the service requirements that are in the instructions of these markers. I do believe it states in the Manual that Dm's and proto matrix's need to be serviced by a trained person after 6000 balls, let alone you ask any Dm or proto owner how many times they are required to take the gun apart to clean and lube the bolt.

Now in terms of proven, reliability it doesn’t say much for the markers themselves if every night you have to take you gun to bits to re-lubricate every part of it to avoid chopping paint. I don’t know about most other shocker owners, but the internals on my shockers are lucky to see the light of day once a month and I must shoot over 12000 balls a week. So if we do the maths that’s, close to 48000 balls a month and then, I might consider giving it a clean.

No, your not comparing like for like..

You are comparing what the manual advises you to do to one gun, with what people actually do on a different gun.

For example, the Angel manual advises that you dont shoot someone at close range . Does that mean you are unable to mug someone with an Angel? No.

I was stating that the shocker is simply not proven (By my understanding of the word)

The reason you provided for the shocker being a proven design is that top pro teams have won tournaments with it. That is not a fundamental of a proven mechanical design. That was why I implied that the forementioned teams could have won their respective events with other 'non proven shooters'

Your comments back up my opinion because as you say; dm's use more lube than a high class hooker. Yet pro teams use them and win with them.

I am not getting into a childish 'I will have the last word game' but dont be so defensive of others opinions.

Thanks

David