Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New Shockers

samson300

Oct 17, 2001
Visit site
Hello all, I have made this post in the tech room and didnt get any response, so i am poting it again. I am new to this forum and i was wondering if any of you owned a 2001 Shocker and would be kind enough to tell me about the performance and maintanance of the gun. I am also interested to know more about the trigger pull. I know that smart parts changed it from the dome-type setup and was curious as to how the new pull was. If anyone has any information on the 2002 version i would also like to know about it.

nitro098

Nov 2, 2001
Visit site
Hello~

I am not an owner of a Shocker 2001 ,But I am very fond of them.

First of all when you have a shocker, it claims that the gun will work on Co2, but don't do it. when you have an electronic gun cold Co2 isnt good for the electronics. you need to get a nitro tank. For the trigger the shocker is the slowest firing electronic paintball marker out there ~10 bps and the trigger is kinda to long for my taste, but the 10 balls per second is made up with very good accuracy and trajectory. the ball will travel a long way before showing a sign of dropping, which is very nice.

The shocker is nicknamed "The Beast" because of its largeness. If you are a front player I recomend you don't get a Shocker , its too hard to manuver with.

For maintnence, the shocker is a bit tough but not to worry,,, with the manuel it tells you everything...but expect to clean it after every day of play for a great preformance.

I hope this has helped you...and also...if you are going to get a Shocker...get a 4x4. The 4x4 is the semi only Shocker. If you spend $300 more for the turbo...you can shoot faster, but turbo is banned at any field or ANY tournaments.

Peace...hope I helped

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
nitro098 is wrong

The shocker runs PERFECTLY well on CO2. The Rushers shot Shockers for some 4 years - all on CO2. And that is in all wether so don't worry about running them on CO2 - they're great!!

The new switch is real nice too - far quicker.

As for maintenance - they aren't difficult to maintain either - go for one - but only if you like a deadly accurate marker!!

Mark

nitro098

Nov 2, 2001
Visit site
You can either take my opinion, a person that has worked on Shockers for years or an owner. Of course a Shocker (his gun) is the best. Just do the Research yourself and find the best one for you.

Nitro Tanks are not illegal. They use a gas~nitrogen or Compressed air,But if you are already going to get a really nice gun, get a really nice tank- the gun will like you better.

Just like Mark T thinks the Shocker is the "best"

I think my Angel And Timmy are the best,So use your own judgement

Shocker Basic Maintenance:

Supplies needed :cloth towel,rubbing alcohol, squeegee,phillips screw driver,allen wrenches,awl,dental pick,cotton swabs,Dow 33,

1:Remove hopper and tank

2: Remove Barrel

3:Turn gun over,get a good grip on it and remove air hose, it is held in place with a pressure ftting, and is removed by pushing in on the hose while holding on to the fitting,remove hose from gun & Max Flow.

4.Use an allen wrench to remove the max flow cradle, which is held in by 2 allen wrench bolts,use elbow grease :)

5.You will notice that there are 2 suction connections with o-rings

6.remove the Max Flow regulator

7.Now begin removing the bolt assembly, In a counter clock wise motion,twist the knob on the gunthat retains the bolt cylinder.

8.Remove the bot assembly by pulling it out,lay it aside for later cleaning

9.Use a Battle swab to clean the barrel housing.

10.Use alchol impregnated cotton swabs to throughly clean the barrel housing area,any dirt or debris will cause the gun to malfunction.

11.Clean feeder tube with Battle swab

12.Clean the Airassist powerfeed by wiping it down with a cloth.

13.Clean barrel with Battle swab

14.Now for the regulator,wipe off dirt and debris

15.use the cotton swab to clean EVERYWHERE on the regulator, the shocker does not like dirt.

16.Unplug Airassist Powerfeed.

17.Clean Air assist

18. Use dental pick to clean out holes in the bolt and also use a rag to get off the old lubricant.

19. he opening at the end of the bolt can get all gooked up. Clean it out VERY well

20 Apply Dow Corning 33 all over bolt to make the gun shoot smoothly.

21.Check and make sure that ALL ORINGS on the Shocker are lubed up with Dow 33.

Reverse process to put gun back together again.

MAN! TALK ABOUT EASY MAINTNENCE

Hope I helped ya bro
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

gfresh666

Nov 3, 2001
PA USA
Visit site
new shocker 2001

The 2001 has a lighter body, the board has one of the lightest
triggers that we have ever put on the gun. It has retained all
the accuracy and range of the old gun. I would suggest a 88 4500
if you want around 1000 to 1100 shots. The manual for the gun is
one of the comprehensive on the market.
I would suggest trying to find a store or contact SP that has one.