The Home Of European Paintball

New size paintballs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
ps. Chicago totally pwned you, I mean, I just re-read his post, and I'm amazed you even responded to it Bon. He seriously smashed you and left you at the side of the road for dead. The way he picked through your BS was epic. Did you feel embarassed at all?

Not at all, was an amusing read :) Especially since he took all that time to reply to each tiny little peice when he could have replied in one word :)

And you don't remember the last fight? Shame, I remember you getting rather uptight about it all and threatening to harm me in some kind, unfortunately a quick search didnt pull any reults up :(

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Not at all, was an amusing read :) Especially since he took all that time to reply to each tiny little peice when he could have replied in one word :)
You should thank him then.
He chose to waste his time educating you, so you should now know more than you did before, which might save you from future drubbings.

And you don't remember the last fight? Shame, I remember you getting rather uptight about it all and threatening to harm me in some kind, unfortunately a quick search didnt pull any reults up :(
I have a vague recollection of wiping the floor with you, but I guess it just wasn't that memorable. Sorry.

Richie T

Apr 4, 2006
Kingston
I think all we have achieved in these last few posts is realizing Bon is a dick.

Glad we've cleared that up, now how about those paintballs...

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
I have a vague recollection of wiping the floor with you, but I guess it just wasn't that memorable. Sorry.
Im sure it was the other way around, and the only reason you resorted to threats of violence was because all your arguements were being ripped to bits ;)

someone said:
I think all we have achieved in these last few posts is realizing Bon is a dick.
Took you this long to realise?

psyder

Platinum Member
Apr 16, 2003
Just a quick question how come they ended up the size they did? and how easy will it be for them to change?

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Im sure it was the other way around, and the only reason you resorted to threats of violence was because all your arguements were being ripped to bits ;)
No, that I would have remembered.
I think that , like your posts, you're full of shxt.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Just a quick question how come they ended up the size they did? and how easy will it be for them to change?
the 68cal die was already being used for bath-balls, etc. I imagine thats why paint ended up there. Changing the size isn't hard, you just replace the dye roll. You still make paint exactly the same way, but it's smaller.
The best shape of a round projectile is the golf-ball shape with dimples, something that Zap trired to emulate with their Zap Advantage ball back in the mid/late 90's, with some limited success. Problem was it didn't really add proper dimples, it just had a matt finish, so the 'advantage' wasn't really there.
People have added flights to paintballs (which was funny) but of course these can't be hopper-fed. The new First Strike rounds from Tiberius are pretty fancy - they really do go further and are way more accurate - but again, these need to be clip-fed.
In order to continue using loaders, the projectile needs to be round.

I'm interested to see if Richmonds idea is that the more advanced paint Procaps produces is breaking much easier than paint in the old-days (and much to easily to be field paint). If it breaks a lot easier, and that fragile formula is then applied to a smaller ball, and used by fields, then the very fragile nature of the hellfire formula would be counteracted by the stronger characteristics of a smaller ball as discussed in this thread, perhaps rendering an ideal field ball.
The possible sub-issue is that KEE are owning the 68 field market, and Procaps are losing out. Procaps do still make the highest quality competition ball, by far, and this is possibly a way of using that successful formula in a new guise to address shortfalls in other area's. Who knows?

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
There is no equal pressure on each hemisphere. The hemisphere pointing towards the back end of the gun will get a lot more pressure than the one at the front end, otherwise the paintball would just sit in your gun and do nothing. After all, if equal force is applied from opposing directions, the end result is no movement at all.

Unless Chicago meant hemispheres in a top and bottom sense, they do indeed both suffer from equal pressures.
That's what I meant. The pressure on the backside of the ball is obviously much higher than the pressure o the front side; that's what causes the paintball to accelerate. But Pressure over the surface area on the back side is equal, and pressure over the surface area on the front side is equal. That's not going to cause any deformation.

Paintballs do deform when shot though. This doesn't cause them to spin (as rightly pointed out by Chicago), it does cause them to wobble though. But hey, even golfballs do that.
I'm pretty sure Tom Kaye had a bunch of video of paintballs not deforming...

Status
Not open for further replies.