Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New sterlings

Jim Axford

Dec 8, 2013
My first pump was a razor back ,converted it to take a larger air tank ,then took the plunge and invested in the sterling stl ,put on a chunky pump and away we went , beautiful marker and so well made happy days and then the autococker came out and a legend faded slightly , 92

Jul 15, 2014
The new sterling does not seem to have the same awe about it that I remember, but then again I was also captivated by the Apex Elite back then. Now thats a real blast from the past. I remember seeing the anno camo STP'S around the local sites that I used to play at back in the day just before the semi auto' s started to take over but having said that I would regularly take on guys rocking early Tippmann 68 specials and F1 illustrator's et al with my Piranha LB and quite often come out on top, LOL.

Last edited:

Zondo

One of eight bosses
Aug 31, 2014
United States
good God... I've always wanted a Sterling!

Makes me feel like I'm 14 all over again looking at the splashed ones.

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
My very lucky Brother picked a Sterling up at a local boot fair of all places. I understand it was a silly price (under £50) and he bit the guys hand off. So they are still out there if you look.

Paint magnet

Apr 12, 2016
Is the new sterling bronze any good as a first pump marker? I want to get into pump but dont want to spend a fortune on something like an empire sniper or autococker mod, or end up with something too hard to repair if it goes wrong.

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Just sold a right hand feed STP on here and now kind of wishing i hadn't... might have to buy a new one!

Mark Vickery

Mar 25, 2016
London
The new sterling does not seem to have the same awe about it that I remember, but then again I was also captivated by the Apex Elite back then. Now thats a real blast from the past. I remember seeing the anno camo STP'S around the local sites that I used to play at back in the day just before the semi auto' s started to take over but having said that I would regularly take on guys rocking early Tippmann 68 specials and F1 illustrator's et al with my Piranha LB and quite often come out on top, LOL.
I used and APEX Elite for years... it shot brilliantly but the pump action was crap. If you were in an awkward spot or not holding the pump quite right, it would suddenly become very difficult to pump... especially if you needed to auto trigger.
I loved the accuracy I got with it but the bad pump design often caught me out when I least needed it.
My first real pump was a Ranger... I played with it till it basically fell apart... Even in tourney's where everyone else was using semi-autos... and I still cleaned up... no one pays attentions to pumps when the semi autos are hard at it.

One of the things I note about players who grew up on semi-autos is that their default fall-back position in any sticky situation is to shoot more... We lost something essential in the younger generation of players in that they rarely learned to use their cunning instead of laying paint. The amount of players I used to clean up with a pump because they would get a rush of blood to their head seeing a stream of paint jetting from their barrel that they forgot to drop back into cover... or even look at their flanks.

laddo

Banned
Mar 20, 2016
I have three sterling and another on the way.They very gas friendly, today I got 400+ shots to one 88g CO2.