Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New tank for Angel A.I.R.

OldMan81

Jan 13, 2018
I’m just wondering if anyone has had any success in fitting a new tank to an Angel A.I.R. reg.

I’m getting my rig back up to working order after a LONG hiatus from paintball. I know it’s big, heavy, ugly, and terribly obsolete, but I still love my Angel A.I.R. The problem is the original tank is dated back to 10/00, and with a 15 year design life I’ve had to source a new tank. I’ve gone with a Ninja SL2 77 (the lightest tank available here in the States), sourced the proper o-ring, and fitted it to the reg with no issues. However, the original tank says that it should only be used with the A.I.R. reg, so I’m a little skeptical about gassing it up with a new tank not designed specifically for the A.I.R.

Any experience or insight would be greatly appreciated.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
I'm not familiar with angel air systems but if the bottle/reg thread is the same and the bottle pressure is the same i can't see there being any problems.

OldMan81

Jan 13, 2018
I checked with Ninja, and the tank screws freely on the reg, so I’m fairly certain the threads are the same. They’re also both 4500 psi (300 bar), so I should be good to go there.

The only real thing that concerns me is the difference in o-ring size between the new and old tank, but the groove they sit in is different, so that only makes sense.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
If it was a different thread it would be really obviously different, as far as i know every bottle and reg uses the same standard thread and have done for many years.

Reactions: Raffles

OldMan81

Jan 13, 2018
Chris at Ninja Paintball pretty much said the same thing. I’m just wondering if anyone else has used a different tank on an A.I.R. (probably not, I know this thing is a brick :p ).

Thanks for chiming in, BOD!

Reactions: Raffles

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
I used an air for years -'standard' bottles will fit as it is really just a regulator (albeit a fancy electronic one).