Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

new team ? info ?

A_n_t_Z

If YoU SeE mE ! tRy To ShOt Me !!
Jul 30, 2012
hey all thinking about starting a new team up , i really need info as you may know i'm new to this , would like to know how to get in to it and start playing lol any info would be great thanks

A_n_t_Z

Jul 30, 2012
yer i did ask them if there were looking for any new players and there said no :cry: lol didnt think about asking them if i can come and have a go lol will ask thanks were do you play ??

A_n_t_Z

Jul 30, 2012
heard alot about bricket wood , would love to go one day

Ricki_diego

Ricki diego - Evil Twin
Jul 29, 2012
Bristol
Best thing to do is - talk to people at your local walk on about starting up a team see if anyone is interested and start building from there i guess. :) Also what type of team are you going to put together Woodsball or supair style?

hipjaw

pbplayr.blogspot.co.uk // Reading Entity // #22
Apr 8, 2011
Bristol
pbplayr.blogspot.co.uk
If I could give you my two pence on starting a new tournament team from scratch yourself it would be DON'T DO IT!

If you haven't played/played much tournament paintball I wouldn't advise jumping into starting a team. It's hard enough to get 5 people to commit to be at the same place at the same time every month or so, let alone booking in the team, getting a paint supplier, transport and everyone's kit etc before having to then worry about the game itself.

I'm sure there are people who have built a brand new team from nothing and done well but I think it's important to get a feel for it first. Go and guest for another team at the super5ives (probably the most easy going tournament and always a laugh) or perhaps a team in the CPPS conference division or the UKSM/UKMM 5 man division 2 (you would need to go to talkpaintball.com to look at those) to get a feel for the game and understand what it's all about.

I would only make a team if you have at least one person who has been there and done that and knows what the score is, whereas starting both the learning curve for playing the sport AND for managing a team at the same time can be very stressful and off-putting.

The CPPS site in Stafford has a sort of 'turn up and go' vibe on training days, you can just pay your entry and buy/bring a box and jump into mini games.

DANDER MAN

Sep 30, 2002
norfolk
Ha Ants

Wanting to get back in to paint ball, been 8 years since I last played on a tournament field, I am just north of Swafham, may be we hook up and see who else about might want to build a new team.

As hipjaw said a team is a big jump, for a five man team you need at least seven better ten on the roster to have enough people to cover a season of league games. And the more you have jthe better training days our and the better deals you can get on paint etc...

Any way hope we build something...even if it is just a group to go to some training days further a field or big rec days. It good to go and marshel at big tourneys to you can learn a lot.