Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New Teams Going Nowhere

Talfryn

The Attritionist
May 14, 2010
West Sussex
Maybe we should encourage the federation to assign representatives to each area of the uk or to try and get involved closely with the site managers of training grounds such as Bricket Wood and the National Paintball Centre who know which teams come and train at their sites and so will know the local teams. Thus they could get a campaign going (even something as simple as just having posters at paintball sites) which advertises the contact details for your local rep and so by getting in touch with them they would be able to hook you up with existing, stable teams?

secret-squirrel

London Tigers
Nov 1, 2010
Herts
Maybe we should encourage the federation to assign representatives to each area of the uk or to try and get involved closely with the site managers of training grounds such as Bricket Wood and the National Paintball Centre who know which teams come and train at their sites and so will know the local teams. Thus they could get a campaign going (even something as simple as just having posters at paintball sites) which advertises the contact details for your local rep and so by getting in touch with them they would be able to hook you up with existing, stable teams?
that sir, is a bloody good idea!

Reactions: Talfryn

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
My thoughts on the new team syndrome are that a lot of the new teams do not understand the key ingredients that are needed to run a successful team. Having started a team from scratch and this year 5 years after starting up struggling with the finance side of things we learnt the hard way what the pit falls are.
A lot of new teams just feel they need 5 players and away you go as most of us know its not that simple.

I personally feel that there should be a section written maybe by some the teams owners/captains that have lots of players and teams what new teams need to set in place before they start a team. (Twizz, markie c)

my opinion on the ingredients in no particular order are: someone to organise the team/ suppliers/tournament organiser, a common goal amongst the team, individual and team financial means, transport, equipment, time , training, love for the sport/team, somewhere to train, someone to train them, influx of new players, commitment from older players.

the above are only my thoughts and I’m not saying that if one fails it all falls down, but more often than not if a couple of these things are missing then its destined to fail before it starts.

It’s a real shame because I love seeing new teams start and seeing them progress, when we started we watched the firm a few divs up and said yep we want the chance to play them. Watching a few of the last cpps events really enjoyed watching temper compete as a newish x ball team.

I will say unless you have run a team and not just a paintball team you’ll never know how hard it is and there are some real special characters that do it and don’t even play themselves. These guys need to be utilised like you would use someone to run a clinic.

Gavin - 44pix

44pix Paintball Photography
Jun 16, 2008
www.facebook.com
Watching a few of the last cpps events really enjoyed watching temper compete as a newish x ball team.

:D:D:D Cheers!! :D:D:D

Although Temper are a new team, the team is essentially make up of players with 2+ years of playing tournament paintball and have some idea of the level of dedication required to participate within a tournament team.

Temper was formed around June last year with players being drawn in from the merger of 2-3 M5 teams along with 2-3 players from other teams. So although its a new team, the players arent new to the sport. Since then, we have increased our numbers and have 3 teams for this season with one playing Xball. IMO, numbers is the key here! With 3 teams, all playing at different levels, you have a sense of competition for places whilst giving us the flexibility to move players around if one team happens to be short of players one weekend. We also have the backing and support of an unnamed 'paintball jedi' ;), they are a source of advice and guidance which has been critical to the success of the team so far... dont want to jump the gun yet, its early days for us :)

There is an awful lot of 'back office' work that is required to run a team, which some players dont anticipate. Its not an easy job trying to manage a team and play, I think some are too keen to jump in at the deep end.

What I'd like to see from Temper is to be in a position to bring in new players and provide a foundation for them to learn the trade without having to worry about stuff like finding a paint supplier, kit, finding people to go to training with etc. I guess we see how it goes :)

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
My thoughts on the new team syndrome are that a lot of the new teams do not understand the key ingredients that are needed to run a successful team. Having started a team from scratch and this year 5 years after starting up struggling with the finance side of things we learnt the hard way what the pit falls are.
A lot of new teams just feel they need 5 players and away you go as most of us know its not that simple.

I personally feel that there should be a section written maybe by some the teams owners/captains that have lots of players and teams what new teams need to set in place before they start a team. (Twizz, markie c)

my opinion on the ingredients in no particular order are: someone to organise the team/ suppliers/tournament organiser, a common goal amongst the team, individual and team financial means, transport, equipment, time , training, love for the sport/team, somewhere to train, someone to train them, influx of new players, commitment from older players.

the above are only my thoughts and I’m not saying that if one fails it all falls down, but more often than not if a couple of these things are missing then its destined to fail before it starts.

It’s a real shame because I love seeing new teams start and seeing them progress, when we started we watched the firm a few divs up and said yep we want the chance to play them. Watching a few of the last cpps events really enjoyed watching temper compete as a newish x ball team.

I will say unless you have run a team and not just a paintball team you’ll never know how hard it is and there are some real special characters that do it and don’t even play themselves. These guys need to be utilised like you would use someone to run a clinic.

LOKI :- good post I`m with you on what you`ve posted....Bluey www.care-bears-uk.com

G

Gassy

Too many players just want to roll up 5 mins before game time,have their paint potted up for them and then disappear 2 mins after their last game,then expect someone else to sort entry,paint and the like for the next event while they wait for a text telling them when they will be picked up from home and taken to said next event.

Just a little gripe I have always had and now feel much better for getting it off my chest :p

Reactions: TRA Headshot

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
Too many players just want to roll up 5 mins before game time,have their paint potted up for them and then disappear 2 mins after their last game,then expect someone else to sort entry,paint and the like for the next event while they wait for a text telling them when they will be picked up from home and taken to said next event.
Yo...

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
gassy big chest to get it off bud:) still dodging them punches worked wonders mate:first:
we need to have academies or clubs that do all types of paintball be it scenario or sup-air:)
we need to involve sites like they used to be,i know alot of kids can,t remember the good old days.but most teams were supported by their local site:eek:

leachy

Dec 1, 2005
Tamworth
gassy big chest to get it off bud:) still dodging them punches worked wonders mate:first:
we need to have academies or clubs that do all types of paintball be it scenario or sup-air:)
we need to involve sites like they used to be,i know alot of kids can,t remember the good old days.but most teams were supported by their local site:eek:
Ged Green owner of NPF/WDP came up with an idea last year to start a paintball academy, which I am helping to co-ordinate at the moment. He want's to to bring new player's, ranging from 13 years old into sup'air with the backing of NPF and Angel Sport's. He want's them to have fun, be fair, respect ref's and hopefully make a name to be proud of. We train together regulary and have held pro clinic's for them and they have learnt from the like's of Greg Hasting's, Paul Cain and Tommy Pemberton. It would be great if we could achieve somthing in this, our first year.
See you at the CPPS
NPF Academy

madness

i love formula 5's
Mar 27, 2006
south east london
How about simplify this more with posters about this web site explaining that this web site will give them all the information to take there intrest in paintball further.