Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

New to here and paintball in general.

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by robwoods, Oct 25, 2018.

1. robwoods Platinum Member

robwoods
    Message Count:
    Hi guys, played my first game a few weeks back for a mates birthday and I've never had so much fun. Now I'm looking to take it up as a hobby and get my own kit.

I really like the look of speedball but I think I'm a bit too new to try out for a team or anything like that. Would the same marker carry over once I decide I'm ready?

The marker I'm looking to start with is the Proto Rize Maxxed. Does anyone have any opinions on this as a total noob?

Cheers

2. robwoods Platinum Member

robwoods
    Message Count:
    Apologies for the double post but I have one last question. Some sites advertise as being able to fill to 4.5k psi, but I'd start with a 3k psi bottle. Is it possible to fill up 3k bottles at these walk ons? Is it just a case of filling it up less or will I not be able to play there?

3. James ECI UK Woodland Masters

James ECI
    Message Count:
    Where abouts are you based?

4. BOD The brotherhood

BOD
    Message Count:
    Yes you can fill a 3k bottle, they will either have fill stations which are regulated to stop filling at 3k along side the ones that are regulated to stop at 4.5k, or if not you simply stop filling at 3k. The filling of HPA bottles should be slow so it's not as if you need lightning reactions to stop the fill. Anywhere that has an HPA system will be using 3k bottles on their punter guns.

5. MrAlex Member

MrAlex
    Message Count:
    The proto rize maxxed is not a bad starter either. Pretty simple in terms of maintenance and still offers decent performance. I use my old 2011 proto rail which is the more basic version of the rize and not had any issues with it

6. robwoods Platinum Member

robwoods
    Message Count:
    I'm based in Croydon, South London :)

James ECI likes this.
  7. robwoods Platinum Member

robwoods
    Message Count:
    Oh okay that's good, never filled up a bottle myself before so that's good to know. 4.5k is a bit more expensive so just going to go for a 3k to begin with and see if I'm going to stick with it. Cheers :)

8. robwoods Platinum Member

robwoods
    Message Count:
    Brilliant, I've found a nicely priced second hand one but I need to get my post count up first :cautious:

9. 4xx Member

4xx
    Message Count:
    I can recommend the emek great gun easy Maintenance