Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New to paintball - Belfast, NI

lulemurfan

Mar 7, 2016
Glasgow
Hello!

I've been interested in paintball for a little while now however I just got back from my first tournament (student cup). Although aching and bruised I can't wait to play again. While I played with another uni at the weekend there isn't any uni's that I know of which play paintball over in NI, what's the next step?

Can an individual newbie go to a tournament? I relied upon others in the team to tell me the rules, what to do and how to hold the marker. I have a mask and trousers but no gun. Is there anything going on in Northern Ireland or the republic?

Thanks in advance :)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
1)Can an individual newbie go to a tournament?
2)I relied upon others in the team to tell me the rules, what to do and how to hold the marker.
3)I have a mask and trousers but no gun.
4)Is there anything going on in Northern Ireland or the republic?

1) yes, an individual can turn up, but to play would be relying on enough individuals to put together a scratch team for the day, or for someone to be short a player or be willing to add a newcomer for the day
If you can get to a sites training day (a week before a tournament gives a good chance of finding people training) then you can often get in along with teams to get both practice and to get to know teams / be known by them
2) look up the wpbo website for this years new rulebook
3)lack of a gun will disadvantage you with (1) but rentals may still be available, and if you can get around and meet players you can make a more informed purchase later once you've seen more of the gear around, plus if you join a team then you are in a better position to take advantage of any sponsorship deal they have
4) don't know, but there are Irish players on this forum that will be able to comment

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
@Dusty is your man from the North who will know the scene better than I.

I'm in Dublin, and we have a brilliant field called Capital paintball run by some excellent people. The scene though is very, very, very small. Personally I fly to the UK ~8-10 times a year to play, because there's very few people left in the Republic that play.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Hello!

I've been interested in paintball for a little while now however I just got back from my first tournament (student cup). Although aching and bruised I can't wait to play again. While I played with another uni at the weekend there isn't any uni's that I know of which play paintball over in NI, what's the next step?

Can an individual newbie go to a tournament? I relied upon others in the team to tell me the rules, what to do and how to hold the marker. I have a mask and trousers but no gun. Is there anything going on in Northern Ireland or the republic?

nothing going on in the north at the minute but there are a few guys from belfast who travel for tournament training once a month or so to Dublin. That's not to say there are no sites, there are plenty but they aren't interested anything more than relieving you of as much cash as possible.

https://www.facebook.com/dublinpaintball.ie/

Nice bunch of lads and they'll keep you right with techniques and coaching etc. They do play across on the mainland occasionally to the best of my knowledge. Just a quick note though, paintball markers DO require a firearms certificate in Northern Ireland which means applying, gun cabinet fitted, visit by the police etc. Now, I will tell you the vast majority of people I have come across do not have a FAC and have never had an issue. It's your own call.

I'd suggest introducing yourself on the facebook page and a couple of the lads from Belfast will post up when they're heading down and you can maybe catch a lift in return for a few quid towards fuel and some decent conversation........

Reactions: Spikerz